Candy Cane Inn reopening date?

A Disney facebook group I am in just had someone say their November reservation was cancelled by Candy Cane Inn.

They have cancelled all November dates. If booked for November and you haven't heard from them I would email them to check.

As anyone who has read my posts knows, I’m a strong supporter of CCI. WE LOVE THEM! But now, I’m just going to let it go by and enjoy that lovely kitchenette suite at the Hyatt.

Even if they open by December 1, I’m not sure I want to be the guinea pig who has to try out everything which sometimes does OR does not work 😳

Maybe by next summer, everything will be back in order.

Wow. At this point I feel like they should cancel all existing reservations until they know they have a FIRM opening date. I get the supply chain issues, labor issues, etc., but it's absurd to keep peoples hopes up like this. No one should have to assume they need a backup reservation.
I agree. Over the course of their construction I've made reservations that ended up being cancelled a few times. I always have a backup but it's still disappointing when they cancel.

Wow! I love CCI!

Glad we got a backup. Not happy about the walk but we will make it work.

Last edited:

Wow. At this point I feel like they should cancel all existing reservations until they know they have a FIRM opening date. I get the supply chain issues, labor issues, etc., but it's absurd to keep peoples hopes up like this. No one should have to assume they need a backup reservation.
They could easily cancel all upcoming reservations, and as soon as that opening date is really (*really*) locked in-- like the ink is dry on the inspections-- they could open reservations and be relatively filled in a matter of a week or two. People are so excited to stay there again that they have customers immediately. That's been proven continuously throughout this renovation.

Perhaps there's something in my plan I'm overlooking, but seems pretty solid to me!

Just got our cancellation for 11/16 thru 11/21. Having been through a few construction nightmares of our own - with contractors, supply issues, AND getting inspectors out - we are not mad. We have a backup res at the Westin which is not a bad thing, though just a bit longer of a walk...also not a bad thing as all those steps we'll be getting in will help us balance out all of those yummy holiday treats!

Agreed. Especially since there is zero mention of them being currently closed or under renovations on their website. I feel bad for people that don’t know this is even happening and book and don’t have a back up reservation.

Agreed. Especially since there is zero mention of them being currently closed or under renovations on their website. I feel bad for people that don’t know this is even happening and book and don’t have a back up reservation.
I always found that fact very odd. It's not that they've had so many delays, it's the lack of transparency and how they've managed communications that I find disappointing. Especially when even the recent cancellation notices still point to the inspections being the issue, and if not for that unexpected problem, they'd be opening on time. Even when recent footage surely doesn't make their September opening date look very realistic. (Also, which opening date are they even referring to any more? September? November?)

I really hope they pause new reservations for the time being, but based on how they've operated up to now, it seems unlikely. I would just hate for guests with December reservations to be left high and dry during the holiday season when bookings are difficult enough.

That's such a good point. If you go to their website you can just make a reservation & you'd have no idea there's a possibility it might fall through.

Have you checked out Candy Cane Inn's Yelp page lately Crystal? Even Yelp doesn't even mention Candy Cane Inn's renovation or closure on there either and the most recent Yelp review is from 2020. I bet that they will reopen after New Year's Eve once 2023 begins. But it's a shocking surprise that people had reservations to try out the new improved Candy Cane Inn then got the news that their reservations got cancelled due to Candy Cane Inn being closed for remodeling. Are they gonna have bigger rooms and possibly add family suites when it finally reopens? I do hope Candy Cane Inn gives guests a nice apology gift as a consolation prize like discounts on rooms and discounts for Disneyland tickets when it finally reopens

I checked Candy Cane Inn's Yelp page and today there are two new reviews finally mentioning talk about the renovation and closure and from the two reviews of Candy Cane Inn I discovered today it is now a mess. One Yelper had a reservation and was planning to go but two days before the reviewer's trip the Yelper got a call saying the reservation was cancelled and the Yelper called them back and they told the Yelper that they cancelled the reservation with no warning and the Yelper claimed that the email messages that Candy Cane Inn has sent to guests do not exist and so the Yelper called the Candy Cane Inn directly and the manager was able to find another hotel for the Yelper. The other Yelp review for Candy Cane Inn mentions that the pool is not only closed but they are experiencing problems with some of the rooms though the review doesn't mention what type of problems the rooms are having. But I hope they work out these troubles for guests and reopen with success
Dodger

We walked by Candy Cane Inn when going back to the Marriott from Disneyland a couple of days ago and there is still a lot of work going on there, so I don't think it will be ready for quite a few weeks yet. Sorry to disappoint anyone. I also agree that reservations shouldn't be available until they have a firm reopening date.

We also received cancellation notice for our stay starting the week of Nov 14th. Along with their apologies they offered a $50/night discount on a future booking good through December 2023.

Have you checked out Candy Cane Inn's Yelp page lately Crystal? Even Yelp doesn't even mention Candy Cane Inn's renovation or closure on there either and the most recent Yelp review is from 2020. I bet that they will reopen after New Year's Eve once 2023 begins. But it's a shocking surprise that people had reservations to try out the new improved Candy Cane Inn then got the news that their reservations got cancelled due to Candy Cane Inn being closed for remodeling. Are they gonna have bigger rooms and possibly add family suites when it finally reopens? I do hope Candy Cane Inn gives guests a nice apology gift as a consolation prize like discounts on rooms and discounts for Disneyland tickets when it finally reopens
I checked when you mentioned it and saw the poor lady who never got a cancellation email and arrived at the candy cane to find it was fenced off and closed! It broke my heart. What a stressful way to start a vacation.

I checked when you mentioned it and saw the poor lady who never got a cancellation email and arrived at the candy cane to find it was fenced off and closed! It broke my heart. What a stressful way to start a vacation.
This happened to me and my family on Saturday 9/24. We drove up at 7:30pm - thought we had a place to stay and nope! We found out it was closed. I never got the email. There’s been no update on social. They never called.

We scrambled to find another place to stay that night and went to Hotel Lulu. It was fine. But it was stressful and heartbreaking to be so excited to stay at CCI and get turned away with literally no offer to help us find another place. It was not handled well.

CCI says that they did not pass inspection for their 6 ADA / accessible rooms and now have to tear down walls and redo them to code. They “might” be ready to go in December.

I will say there was no way they would have been ready for a 9/14 open date. The lobby is nowhere near done. It looked like they had a long way to go.

I’ve been a long time CCI fan and this really made me sad. I’ve had a few conversations with them and they’ve been apologetic and kind. Still. That feeling of arriving only to find you don’t have a hotel to stay at? Horrifying and unforgettable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter