Candy Cane Inn Room Types

KaystotheKingdom

Mouseketeer
Hey all! Looking at the candy cane inn for my second trip to Disneyland and need help/suggestions on the different room types offered.

This is much different than my first trip. We had kids in tow that time and stayed at the courtyard theme park entrance. We don’t need all of the bunk beds/waterpark stuff this time around and don’t mind a moderate walk.

This time we are just 2 adults in town for a run disney event.

Btw if you have a hotel you recommend over the CCI please share. My dream is the Disneyland Hotel but can’t swing that cost this time around. Someday 😊

The room types are similar. Standard is smaller sq ft. Premium is the biggest room. Plus you get breakfast delivered with premium (which I didn’t think would be a big deal, but we actually loved it!). Premium gets you a mini fridge and a microwave too. I’m not sure if the deluxe rooms comes with a microwave. They all come with a mini fridge. You also get 2pm check out and turndown service with the premium room. We love the CCI. The grounds are immaculate and wonderful customer service. Plus they did a full renovation of all the rooms and property and it’s only about a year old at this point. Hope that helps!!

It’s very helpful, thank you. I find it odd that I can’t seem to nail down how much bigger the deluxe and premium rooms are. However, with just two adults the extra space is probably not critical.

I found it on their website. Standard is 264 sq ft. Deluxe is 308 sq ft. Premium is 350 sq ft. It’s a little tight with 4 people in a standard. Doable, but tight. But only two people should be ok. ☺️

If you click the black “more info” button it lists the square footage of the three types of rooms…
Standard 264
Deluxe 308
Premium 350

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but the post-renovation prices at Candy Cane Inn are ridiculous to me (for the Halloween RunDisney weekend, it appears they're over $300 per night). It is ultimately still an exterior corridor motel with a continental breakfast. If proximity is a concern, it seems like the Best Westerns, Tropicana or Park Vue have the same proximity and roughly equal quality with a cost that's now lower than Candy Cane.

If proximity isn't a huge concern, I think Desert Palms (which is only one door down from Candy Cane), Hyatt House, Sun Coast or Element would all be superior choices for similar or lower pricing. Sun Coast and Element in particular are close to the RunDisney start in the cast parking lot.

Personally, I'm cheaping out and staying at the Clarion for the RunDisney weekend (assuming I get a spot for the 10K) for under $100 per night through Expedia.

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but the post-renovation prices at Candy Cane Inn are ridiculous to me (for the Halloween RunDisney weekend, it appears they're over $300 per night). It is ultimately still an exterior corridor motel with a continental breakfast. If proximity is a concern, it seems like the Best Westerns, Tropicana or Park Vue have the same proximity and roughly equal quality with a cost that's now lower than Candy Cane.

If proximity isn't a huge concern, I think Desert Palms (which is only one door down from Candy Cane), Hyatt House, Sun Coast or Element would all be superior choices for similar or lower pricing. Sun Coast and Element in particular are close to the RunDisney start in the cast parking lot.

Personally, I'm cheaping out and staying at the Clarion for the RunDisney weekend (assuming I get a spot for the 10K) for under $100 per night through Expedia.
I agree Candy Cane Inn's pricing is now quite high, albeit over $300 is absolutely normal now for Harbor during busier times of the year. But I disagree that the Best Westerns and Park Vue Inn are consistently lower in price. I do day visits as a local, but also did several overnights last year and CCI was always a bit lower still, especially once i factored in the discounts. The Best Westerns were always on the higher side, and I get why due to location. But unless significantly lower in price, I'll pick CCI with its more comfortable beds and cleaner rooms (no carpet). (I'm just talking for regular visits, not RunDisney races.)

Now having said that, I just booked a weekend in May and CCI was much lower than both Best Westerns, but about the same as Park Vue. So I did book Park Vue for that as the proximity to the crosswalk can't be beat and I don't plan to take an afternoon break. I don't like that they don't have overnight staff, but it's a good, basic motel and loads better than the Desert Inn and Suites.

Edited to add: I'm no Candy Cane apologist. I've stayed there before and after the renovation, as well as at other hotels. And I was highly critical of Candy Cane for their lack of transparency and communication during their construction closure. I miss their previous rates, but unfortunately what they charge now is in line with pricing at BW, PVI, Hojo and Tropicana, with BW and PVI still winning out as far as location, but not necessarily quality.

Last edited:

Does anyone know if CCI’s standard queen rooms are located on the second floor as well as the first? We had a stay there, and they said don’t stay in a first floor room.

CCI still comes out cheaper most times for me compared to those ones right across the street when you factor in parking costs or breakfast for the two that don't have it. They also have AAA/AARP discount and a repeat guest discount that you can stack for $20 off per night at CCI.

for OP if its just 2 adults I would book the deluxe. Some of the rooms DO have microwaves and are at the very front of the hotel, if you don't care about that you can use the shared microwave in the breakfast area. We stayed in a deluxe last time with our 2 kids and had plenty of space but we are doing standard this time to save some money. It was extremely clean, our feet didnt get black from walking around in the room at all like at some hotels, the housekeeping cleaned our room every day that we left even days we left kind of late around 2-3 in the afternoon which was super awesome. They have a pool, hot tub, expanded continental breakfast with waffles and sandwiches, and you cant beat the location + the trolley if you just can't make it back at the end of the night.

Does anyone know if CCI’s standard queen rooms are located on the second floor as well as the first? We had a stay there, and they said don’t stay in a first floor room.
They have them on the top and bottom floors. We stayed in a ground floor and prefer it because we have a stroller for my little one.

I know everyone's priorities are different. For my DS and his family, it is all about proximity. For me, proximity is nice, and being retired with a very small retirement, cost is an important factor, but enjoyment is also important to me. So, although the Tropicana is much closer than CCI, I would NOT call them roughly equal quality. We were in a TINY ugly little box (I don't know what they called it, but it had 1 bed only) that I would not have wanted to spend 1 extra minute in. Ugly furniture (same as the other rooms - but less) and barely enough room to turn around. And the regular room our kids were in was larger but very uninviting (as was the pool). CCI is MUCH more pleasant (I imagine even more so now since the remodel), and if someone needs a mid-day break I would be perfectly happy to hang out there for a bit. And with free parking and an AAA or Magic Key discount, it is only a little more expensive for a much more pleasant stay. We stayed at one of the other hotels right at the crosswalk and it, too, was also uninviting, but I don't remember the name. I don't spend much time in my room intentionally, but I don't like to stay someplace I dread going back to!

We stay in a Standard room on the second floor. I like to stay where the stairs are. They are a little smaller rooms but they have a small table and chairs on the balcony/walkway.

I've stayed in the premium room, which was great. The room is slightly bigger, they deliver breakfast to your room and you get a late 2:00 checkout.

You cannot beat the friendliness and hospitality of the staff at CCI. They are always willing to go the extra mile with whatever you need. i agree with @gardenrooms, I like to stay at a place that’s attractive and appealing and I am happy to come home to at the end of the day. The grounds are BEAUTIFUL and even more so at Christmas when all the place is decorated. It is not your ”typical motel“ by any means.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter