Candy Cane Inn?? Yea or Nay??

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
Anyone have any experience staying at the CCI??? I'm looking to add on to our trip. How far is it to walk to DL/DCA?? How are the rooms?? Parking?? Nearby places to eat?? Thanks alot.

Anyone have any experience staying at the CCI??? I'm looking to add on to our trip. How far is it to walk to DL/DCA?? How are the rooms?? Parking?? Nearby places to eat?? Thanks alot.
It is a 8-10 minutes walk to the gates. They have a shuttle that runs every 30 minutes so the need to walk is minimal. Rooms are nothing special. Decent and comfy. They do have free parking. There are restaurants around. We usually only eat onsite these days. This may help for you to see nearby dining:

Interactive Map of DLR - http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=33.809...2&z=19&l=0&m=b

This is where we have stayed for the past 5 or 6 trips. (lost count)

Click the link in my sig for pictures. :)

The parking is free, as is Wifi, and the breakfast. Rooms are clean and well maintained. We really like this location.

One of the best Harbor properties. Dedicated shuttle, expanded breakfast, great staff, clean property, restaurants up and down Harbor.

I really like this place. I used to stay at the Park Vue Inn, but it has declined. The Candy Cane is nice, and I disagree with Hydroguy I think the rooms are a little nicer than the average on Harbor Blvd. I have stayed here a couple of times now and would stay again if location was important to me. Cost usually guides my decision. :tink:

I think the rooms are a little nicer than the average on Harbor Blvd.
I have stayed here numerous times. We usually stay in the premium rooms. I think the rooms are a little nicer than most of the rooms on Harbor. I also think the beds are more comfortable than the rest of the hotels.

It's phenomenal! We stay here every time we come to Disney (and are quite sad that it was booked for our next trip).
It's about a 10 minute walk to the parks. The shuttle is free and runs every 30 minutes (very reliable). Parking is free. The free breakfast is pretty good. The property is beautiful. The rooms are small but very clean, nothing special about them. They do all have a mini fridge which is nice. You can walk to all of the nearby Harbor Blvd. restaurants, like Denny's, IHop and McDonalds. The staff is wonderful! We also find the price to be reasonable, especially when you figure in the returning guest discount ($10 off per night) and how much you save by not paying for parking or shuttles.

I am also giving CCI a Yea. We've stayed in their premium rooms, and they are large, quiet, and clean and beds v comfy. I get the best night sleep there of any of the off property hotels. The shuttle is a god send, and the included breakfast is quite good (they actually offer proteins like yogurt) in addition to nice bagels, muffins, choice of cold cereals, etc. The grounds are nicely landscaped. They have a pool and hot tub. Staff v friendly and helpful. It's our go-to hotel when not staying on-property.

We love Candy Cane. We have stayed here a couple of times. The breakfast is simple but good. The pool is nice and far enough away from the rooms that you can't hear the gate slamming shut while in your room resting. The rooms are clean and and the walls are not paper thin as some of the hotels around. We stayed at another hotel last week because the Candy Cane was full, and I regret that we didn't book them earlier.

We came home today:) and stayed there for the second time. I think it's great and will always return.

My favorite off site place to stay. Read the link in Pink Budgies Signature it has lots of good information. My only negative is that the standard two queen rooms are a tight for more than two adults. Two adults and one teen/child would be okay.

Love the CCI! Great customer service, returning guest discount (which can be stacked with another discount, like AAA or AP), private shuttle (which runs on time and is very reliable), clean, nice breakfast. Premium rooms are larger, come with amenities, and have breakfast delivered to the room. One of the best properties on Harbor.

My favorite off site place to stay. Read the link in Pink Budgies Signature it has lots of good information. My only negative is that the standard two queen rooms are a tight for more than two adults. Two adults and one teen/child would be okay.

I agree. When our teen boys came with us, we would get a deluxe room which is a little bigger. Now that our boys are in college and it is just DH and I, we get a standard which is fine for the two of us.

We're staying here for the first time in August. It was a toss up between here and the Hojo and CCI won. I had to contact them about our reservation and found the members of staff I dealt with very helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter