DIS PUMBARIZER
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup white corn syrup
1/3 cup butter
one teaspoon vanilla 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup powdered milk
food coloring is optional...

Combine sugar, butter and corn syrup in pan and bring to a boil stirring constantly ....turn low and boil five more minutes.....still stirring occasionally......
Remove from heat and add vanilla.....in separate dish, combine powdered sugar, salt and powdered milk......add all at once to the mixture in the pan......add food coloring if desired...still until cool enough to handle.....shapes into what ever your little heart desires....makes 1 3/4 pound of candy.....change colors and make for other celebrations.....

Pumba I think you should take over Martha Stewarts job!:D Never in my life did I know some one who could make candy corn! I am very impressed! Martha shocked me too once when she made homemade marshmellows!:D
Anyway do you have a spare room! Your house must be the yummiest place in the world! Plus don't you live in the New England area? Love it there!
But seriously I have tried many of your recipes and not one has failed yet! Keep them coming!
I may just have to try making candy corn my kids would be so impressed!

Bet this is one the kids would like. Thanks for posting it. :D

I make homemade cream cheese mints, but I didn't know you could make candy corn. This looks good. Thanks!

pumba --

Go to a store and buy a bag for 69 cents!!!

Donna

I always buy a bag, but I think my kids would get a real kick out of making them myself. It might be a good project to do in a home ec. class too.

Pumba...is there anything you can't cook??;) How cool is that!! I am definitely going to do this with the kids...thanks for posting it!! :)

This is a great one to do with the kids. I really like to teach the kids differnt things. Thanks Missy

Pumba, This recipe was in my mom's old handwritten cookbook. I have it now, since she passed away. I have vague memories of making this many, many years ago. It is a nice memory. Thanks for reminding me.

you are so fortunate to still have that cookbook......my grandmother who was a chef, only did things in her head and passed a few of those to my head......but the rest of her recipes are gone.........thanks for telling me about it

Just wanted to say that I made these today with the kids...they had a lot of fun doing it...It was a little bit hard to shape only because I had to wait longer than most for it to cool because I didn't want Andrew or Savannah to burn themselves while shaping the candy...but they made little round balls of it and had so much fun! It was definitely a memorable cooking session with my little ones!! :)

Thanks Pumba for posting this!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter