Candy melting!

I can state our candy did in fact melt on Friday. It was so unbearably hot that it didn’t surprise me. As my husband said, “if the real feel temperature is 111 and it drops 20 degrees- it’s still gonna feel like the 90’s”
The heat that Orlando has experienced for the past six days is tied for the second longest stretch of 98•+ days in their recorded history. (Longest was 8 days in 1927).
In other words this is hotter than “normal” Central Florida in the summer weather. Plus side is it looks like it will break later this week and people will go back to dealing with rain but it won’t be truly surface of the sun hot.

I’ve seen several vlogs from first night with them showing liquified candy in the wrapper. It was really hot.

Last edited:
I often go in August. I do the candy trail late just before I head back to the resort and then put the bag in the fridge to chill up any "soft" chocolate. Just remember to bring it up to room temp before eating!

While we did not do MNSSHP we were in Disney last week and can attest that the temps were extreme (even at night) compared to our normal August trips. Normally there is not a huge difference in temps from August to early October and soft candy should be expected (but a fridge can fix that).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter