• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cannot Make Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue October ADR

prettypatchesmsu

DIS Veteran
Yesterday was my ADR day and I could book my 180 +10, and I had no problems except with one. I could not book Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review for October. It would let me pick the day, the 6:15pm show, and after I select my guests and click next I would get a red error. I thought ok, I'll call when they open at 7am. Well, the Disney Dining phone CM could not book it either and they were not sure why as I was within my days. Anyone else have this happen to them?

I called back last night, and a different CM thought it was because of the calendar dates for HDDR not being published yet for October. I don't know but I guess that could be true. At least it would make sense. But it sucks as it will put me at booking with everyone else by the time it opens up to the October date I want. It seems to be going one September day at a time. I checked again this morning, and a few minutes ago and still not able to make the ADR. Frustrating.

Is this a known problem with booking HDDR? This is our first time so I thought it'd go just like all the other ADRs and be available on my ADR date. So has anyone been able to book HDDR for October yet? Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Never heard of this problem, especially since you are trying for one of your days within your 180+10. I get your frustration. It shouldn't have anything to do with hours not being out yet, since they have 3 set showtimes every night and they never change. Hope you are able to get it soon! Let us know.

Thanks, still no luck today neither online nor on the phone. Still cannot book for October. Basically the same answer from the CM this morning about the dates not being available yet and keep checking. I just sent an email to Disney so hopefully I can find out more or they can fix whatever is going on! I'm starting to wonder if with the cutbacks maybe they are thinking of only doing two shows or something. Otherwise I cannot figure out why it's not open yet since like you said, it has three set show times. :confused3

Thanks, still no luck today neither online nor on the phone. Still cannot book for October. Basically the same answer from the CM this morning about the dates not being available yet and keep checking. I just sent an email to Disney so hopefully I can find out more or they can fix whatever is going on! I'm starting to wonder if with the cutbacks maybe they are thinking of only doing two shows or something. Otherwise I cannot figure out why it's not open yet since like you said, it has three set show times. :confused3
I really doubt that they are cutting back to 2 shows, since it is so popular. A few others on fb were also having the same problem for their Sept/Oct adrs, nothing would show up for their October dates.. so I honestly think something is wrong with the system and not Hoop Dee Doo. Did you book any other ADR's for October or is just HDDR?

We were there on Feb 29th and the 8:30 show was almost empty-no one sitting in any of the Tier 2 or 3 seats (the balcony and entire perimeter under it and the back part of the hall) and only about half of the Tier 1 tables filled. It was very strange. We go every trip every year and I have never seen it like that. Something is up. We had paid for Tier 1 seating and everyone in the place sat in Tier 1-I really should ask for a partial refund since I am pretty sure everyone did not pay Tier 1 pricing.

I really doubt that they are cutting back to 2 shows, since it is so popular. A few others on fb were also having the same problem for their Sept/Oct adrs, nothing would show up for their October dates.. so I honestly think something is wrong with the system and not Hoop Dee Doo. Did you book any other ADR's for October or is just HDDR?
I have a Garden Grill ADR for October that I just decided to book today and did not have any problems making it online.

We were there on Feb 29th and the 8:30 show was almost empty-no one sitting in any of the Tier 2 or 3 seats (the balcony and entire perimeter under it and the back part of the hall) and only about half of the Tier 1 tables filled. It was very strange. We go every trip every year and I have never seen it like that. Something is up. We had paid for Tier 1 seating and everyone in the place sat in Tier 1-I really should ask for a partial refund since I am pretty sure everyone did not pay Tier 1 pricing.
Wow, that is very weird! It sounds like you guys got to have almost a private show. That's crazy about everyone getting to be Tier 1, yeah I think I would have asked for the price difference back if everyone got to sit in Tier 1.

I'm having the same problem. I can search the date and click on the time, but when I add the guests' names as you said, I get "There was an error adding the participants to your dining party." I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one since I've spent too much time trying this over and over! I was able to book it for a few days earlier though, but I'd like to change it. Thanks for posting!

I'm having the same problem. I can search the date and click on the time, but when I add the guests' names as you said, I get "There was an error adding the participants to your dining party." I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one since I've spent too much time trying this over and over! I was able to book it for a few days earlier though, but I'd like to change it. Thanks for posting!
Try it now! I just booked!!!

I just booked my ADR for October HDDR!! Woohoo!! :cheer2::banana:
What's funny is I have been trying all the time since Sunday, (phone & online) and tried several times again today online and no luck. Well, I just received the reply from Disney to my email, which did not address my problem with any solution or answer when it was going to open to book. Here's their reply;

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort. We are excited for your upcoming visit!

We understand it can be frustrating when certain experiences are not available at the beginning of the 180 day booking window. Dining reservations are unable to be booked via email or chat, and can only be booked online or via phone. Please continue to try with our online booking engine and by working with our dining team at 407-WDW-DINE, and hopefully we'll have a spot for you at Pioneer Hall this fall!

Well, I was getting ready to reply as I wanted to still know when it would open and thought you know, I better check again before I send an email reply....and it was open! How sneaky!!! :cool: But I'm thrilled and we're so excited for this. It's our first time and it's our special thing for our anniversary. Thanks everyone! :disrocks:

Thanks! I just checked and simultaneously pulled up this page to see if there had been an update, and lo and behold I got it to work and then moments later I saw that you were successful too. Thanks again, and have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter