Canopy foe EVC?

DisOrBust

<font color=CC66CC>Tag Fairy does tags only, the A
Anyone with experience? Does it help with sun or rain??

Generally canopies are more trouble than they are worth.

Rain in Florida tends to come from all directions at once and will blow in on you. Abd the top will oinly partially protect you and then only during part of the day.

a pin trading friend of mine used on at Disneyland. It was cumbersome and annoying. Definitely not good for rain protection. It is easier to put on a poncho and hit full speed.

As for sun the one he had was fine for parades but did not really offer as much protection as long sleeved clothes, sunblock, a hat especial wide brimmed and not parking in sunny places.

For me it was always in the way and blocking the view but then again give me a convertible, lol.

I would think one of the biggest problems with a canopy would be that it blocks your view. I know personally I am constantly on the lookout for those around me. I need to see their faces and try to make eye contact whenever I can. That allows me to avoid the dreaded running into someone while using a wheelchair/ECV problem that so many people seem to complain about. With a canopy I wouldn't be able to see anyone's face when they were close to me.

I'm going to disagree with the previous posters. I think the canopy is very helpful for rain and sun. I didn't find that it obscured my view in a way that would effect my being able to drive safely (which is very important to me). It doesn't fully protect from the rain, but its way better than without a canopy. In a big rain storm I generally use a poncho and a canopy and feel fully protected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter