Can't Decide - STEAK!

CoachBeard

Mouseketeer
I'm just a few weeks out from being able to book some reservations. My goal is to do 2 signature restaurants if I can afford it but the main thing now is for my birthday dinner... I can't figure out what the best steak house experience will be.

I'm leaning toward Shula's as many have recommended. It is 20%-30% more expensive than say, Yachtsman. Is it worth it? Help me answer these questions to assist with my decision...

1. which steakhouse has the best bourbon selection?
2. which steakhouse has the best crab cake?
b. if no crab cake what is the best appetizer?
3. which steakhouse has the best bread service (details please)

Thanks so much! This is not easy!!! This is like a once a decade thing for me.

1 - Bull & Bear
2 - no idea
3 - see above
4 - Bull & Bear - the brioche is amazing!

Just wanted to say I love your continual plugging of Bull & Bear around here. :-)
You are welcome! Being local we go out to eat at many restaurants. Celebrated my wife's milestone birthday at B&B with a group of 22 friends a couple of weeks ago. Going again in a couple of weeks just for a date night.

I will say that sometimes getting a filet at a different restaurant can be a fun experience too. We went to California Grill a few days ago and found their filet really good. I've always been a bit down on that restaurant because I felt they traded more on the view than actual food and service. But this recent visit hit on all fronts.

I don't think it is considered a signature, but I was extremely pleased with Steakhouse 71. It was cooked perfectly and they had a variety of sauces to choose from.

I will agree you can get better than what Disney has.
But for Disney Yachtsman will include a side so yes the price will be lower. Shula does not include like most traditional Steak houses. Unless you plan on ordering a Filet (personally I would not at a Steak House) the steaks are huge 2 steaks and 1 side at Shula's and you more than likely will be very full. Maybe you can split a dessert. Shula will have more traditional aged steak while Yachtsman will have a higher quality steak than found in Disney non steak houses. If you looking for a steak and Crab cake than maybe add Boathouse to your list although their are more on the seafood side they are owned by Gibson's steak house and their steaks are of good quality as well. As far as Bourbon I do not think you will have an issue with any as they all should have glasses that are reasonable to costing more than the entree. I would believe Shula would have the most expensive being it caters more to conventions where some clients are very willing and able to charge a 1500+ bottle or a glass costing a few hundred. I would put Boathouse in second as they as well will cater to conventions.

I will agree you can get better than what Disney has.
But for Disney Yachtsman will include a side so yes the price will be lower. Shula does not include like most traditional Steak houses. Unless you plan on ordering a Filet (personally I would not at a Steak House) the steaks are huge 2 steaks and 1 side at Shula's and you more than likely will be very full. Maybe you can split a dessert. Shula will have more traditional aged steak while Yachtsman will have a higher quality steak than found in Disney non steak houses. If you looking for a steak and Crab cake than maybe add Boathouse to your list although their are more on the seafood side they are owned by Gibson's steak house and their steaks are of good quality as well. As far as Bourbon I do not think you will have an issue with any as they all should have glasses that are reasonable to costing more than the entree. I would believe Shula would have the most expensive being it caters more to conventions where some clients are very willing and able to charge a 1500+ bottle or a glass costing a few hundred. I would put Boathouse in second as they as well will cater to conventions.
I’ll check them out thanks! It’s refreshing to hear from another non-filet person. If I’m going to a steak house, I want a steak! Ribeye is a fav.

Haven't tried Bull and Bear and would say Shula's has the best cut of steak on property but for an all around steak dinner, don't discount Flying Fish. The filet combined with the risotto and asparagus are what dreams are made of. We ate it early in our trip last week and went back a second time later in the week.

I'm just a few weeks out from being able to book some reservations. My goal is to do 2 signature restaurants if I can afford it but the main thing now is for my birthday dinner... I can't figure out what the best steak house experience will be.

I'm leaning toward Shula's as many have recommended. It is 20%-30% more expensive than say, Yachtsman. Is it worth it? Help me answer these questions to assist with my decision...

1. which steakhouse has the best bourbon selection?
2. which steakhouse has the best crab cake?
b. if no crab cake what is the best appetizer?
3. which steakhouse has the best bread service (details please)

Thanks so much! This is not easy!!! This is like a once a decade thing for me.
1. No idea, non-drinker here.
2. Shula's crab cakes were really good.
3. Yachtsmen, the onion pull apart rolls are to die for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter