Can't decide what stroller to bring...

Castle0528

Earning My Ears
We will be going on a Disney cruise for 4 nights and then going to WDW for another 3 nights in late April to May. My daughter will be 19 months old for the trip so we'll definitely need a stroller for naps and just for little breaks.

We have a city mini gt which we love but is it too big? Should I use an umbrella stroller like the macalaren or the uppababy g-lux? I am just concerned with the stroller on the ship...please let me know what your experience has been.
Thanks so much.

I will be renting a Citimini just like last year. It is perfect for napping. I'm afraid an umbrella would be too short for my husband to push all day. You really need that shade too.

City Mini! Great if you plan on stroller naps. Personally I wouldn't do an umbrella unless my kid was definitely not going to nap in there. I also love the city mini sun shade for pale kids.

I think someone said the city mini GT may take up a lot of space in the our cabin on the cruise but I'm wondering if the stroller would fit under the bed?

I was also wondering if, looking at the picture, the canopy is large enough on the bumbleride? Also, it seems like the seat of the bumbleride reclines almost flat would that make it easy enough for my LO to nap?

baby_jogger_city_mini_gt_stroller_-_shadow_green.jpg

tech-specs.jpg

Seems like you're over thinking it. We have done it with both our bug stroller and our lightweight. I prefer the big stroller (Chico Cortina), because it has more places to put stuff, and seems more comfortable for DD. Yes, kind of a pain getting on and off transit, but once in the parks both strollers were equally easy to nagivate. At least the big one didn't tip backwards every time we took the toddler out!

Think about times you have been in busy places and what your preferences are in those situations. I have never been a fan of strollers and big strollers drive me nuts. When my babies were little enough to be worn I wore them when possible and now I have a lightweight umbrella stroller for the occasions I need it. But that is me. Are you a mom who has a ton of gear at all times? Or are you a 'grab some diapers and wipes and let's go' kind of mom? Think about what you will want to bring into the parks. Does your small stroller have enough space if you want to leave stuff in your stroller? I wouldn't worry too much about the sunshade, bring a lightweight muslin receiving blanket and throw it over the stroller when she needs it if necessary.

I wouldn't worry too much about the sunshade, bring a lightweight muslin receiving blanket and throw it over the stroller when she needs it if necessary.[/QUOTE]

Great idea, I don't know why I wasn't thinking that :).

I know I am totally over thinking this but I'm just trying to make sure there is enough space on DCL because we are doing the cruise first if we were only doing WDW I would just bring my city mini gt.

Thanks so much for all the help!

My city mini folds up pretty slim. I personally like how easy the city mini folds up and how light it is to carry on and off buses.I also felt it's perfect for naps! I would be surprised if the city mini wouldn't fit under the bed on the cruise ship, but, I haven't been on a Disney cruise yet. I think the strollers are better for older kids that aren't napping and just want to sit to rest from walking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter