Can't Get Email from Disney. Solutions?

jungle951

Earning My Ears
tl;dr: I'm subscribed to receive Disney marketing emails, but have stopped getting them from the entire company. The tech support folks haven't found answers. Looking for solutions! Has anyone else had this issue and how did you solve it?

I'm having some issues with receiving marketing messages from Disney. I have a Disney Account that's at least 10 years old, and I've done so much with this account, using it at WDW, Disneyland, ESPN, Disney Movie Rewards, D23, and more.

About three years ago, I stopped receiving all Disney marketing messages. I know my account can still receive anything that's not marketing-related. Resort reservations, ADR confirmations, FastPass notifications, etc. are all coming through with no problem. But I can't get any special offers, passholder mailings, newsletters, or other marketing from any Disney business.

I've talked to tech support people via email, webform, and phone from both WDW and Disneyland about a dozen times. I've also corresponded with "Disney Support" which is a more central team. We have:
1. checked my spam folder to confirm nothing was going there
2. visited the Disney Privacy Choices website to confirm that I'm subscribed
3. checked on their internal computer system to confirm that I'm subscribed
4. unsubscribed and resubscribed (it can take up to 60 days apparently, but still hasn't worked)
5. tried to subscribe again from the individual websites
6. changed my email address to another one, to see if my new address would be unblocked

Unfortunately, each time, they're just sending me to another department which has the same issues. I'm still trying to escalate this issue. Usually, people don't want to receive spam. However, in this case, I'm really interested in getting Disney marketing emails and they won't let me. It's been quite frustrating. Something is just blocking me across the entire business.

Has anyone else had this issue? Did you fix it, and how? Thanks so much!

Create a new account with a new email address? Gmail, yahoo, hotmail?

True. As a last resort, this is definitely possible but I really would rather fix it. Plus, my D23 membership, Disney+ subscription*, and Disney Movie Rewards will still be stuck in my old account. My MagicBand collection will become useless, since I'll want to make all new reservations and annual pass purchases in the new account. And maybe (less importantly), I'll lose any other history I've had with Disney if they ever decide to recognize my years of spending. :)

*This is the one big mistake that I just made, subscribing to the discounted Disney+ 3-year deal (offered to D23 members) under this account. I had forgotten for a moment that I'll never hear a single peep of marketing from Disney+ on this account unless it gets fixed.

True. As a last resort, this is definitely possible but I really would rather fix it. Plus, my D23 membership, Disney+ subscription*, and Disney Movie Rewards will still be stuck in my old account. My MagicBand collection will become useless, since I'll want to make all new reservations and annual pass purchases in the new account.

*This is the one big mistake that I just made, subscribing to the discounted Disney+ 3-year deal (offered to D23 members) under this account. I had forgotten for a moment that I'll never hear a single peep of marketing from Disney+ on this account unless it gets fixed.

I meant to get all the marketing email under the new account. The old account would still be used for all the important things :D

I meant to get all the marketing email under the new account. The old account would still be used for all the important things :D

Ah true... to be honest, I've already done that but the messages aren't tied to any products I have. For example, I used to get annual passholder newsletters with occasional exclusive invitations (which you can read about here and in the blogs, but they sometimes require the actual email to sign up). I understand that I've also missed out on some offers given to D23 members and might miss out on Disney+ messages related to my subscription, too.

Something similar happen to me a while ago. A few years back I stopped getting Disney Store promotional email, but would get the occasional general Disney email. I finally remembered to email them, and they determined I had “unsubscribed” and if I wanted to get emails again I had fo fill out a form (a few questions they sent me) and basically accepting their terms and conditions. A few days later I started getting them again. I hope you gets this resolved, as I perfectly get all of the points you stated before!

I still don't get pass holder emails. I gave up. My pass expires next week

More than two years later and Disney still won’t send me a peep from the Parks. Strangely, the Shop Disney and Disney+ marketing emails did turn on... So I’ve got those. But they won’t send me anything about special offers at either WDW or Disneyland. (And I know they’re sending them out!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter