***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

Alright!

Booked our flights home using the travel certificates. Still have around $100 leftover - which means our flights for next year were actually cheaper! Probably because we booked so early. I never book this early but we had to use credit by end of month. :)

Exciting! We can't book our flights yet, Southwest only goes out to Jan 2021 right now.

Exciting! We can't book our flights yet, Southwest only goes out to Jan 2021 right now.

The only reason we booked so early is because we had to use our credit by end of month. And booking by end of June these tickets also have a travel waiver - no change fees from 12 months of purchase date. :)

The only reason we booked so early is because we had to use our credit by end of month. And booking by end of June these tickets also have a travel waiver - no change fees from 12 months of purchase date. :)

Yeah JetBlue is doing the same thing with bookings, kinda sad that the schedule isn’t out yet for our dates next year or I’d be all over it. I booked Labor Day weekend instead with points and travel bank covering taxes/fees. Literally nothing to lose if I don’t or can’t go with the flexible policy.

Our travel bank credits don’t expire until 2022 but nothing from the cancelled May trip is in it except the taxes and fees since we booked those flights on points that I got fully refunded. Even the Even More Space upcharge got refunded straight to my card. The return leg of my July flight is in there though and that’s what covered Labor Day fees.

What is everyone's thoughts for May 2021. Back to normal ??
Really want to re book our cancelled May 2020 trip to May 2021 but very unsure of things. A big part of me says things should be back to normal by then but you just never know.

Really want to re book our cancelled May 2020 trip to May 2021 but very unsure of things. A big part of me says things should be back to normal by then but you just never know.

May not be like it used to be but I'm confident it will be normal enough to make for a great trip!

We are currently booked May 13 - 16 at WL for my 35th birthday weekend 🥳. Decided to go all out at Disney next year after a quarantined birthday this year. Super excited. Just hoping character meets are back by then - our daughter loved them.

I vote back to normal, but with the possibility of a new system for dining and FP reservations.

We are currently booked May 13 - 16 at WL for my 35th birthday weekend 🥳. Decided to go all out at Disney next year after a quarantined birthday this year. Super excited. Just hoping character meets are back by then - our daughter loved them.

Welcome to May!!! :welcome:

You are on the list!

Thank you! We are also going in early April 🙈. Either a split stay or a stay before our cruise on the Fantasy 🤞🏻. Probably will need to get an AP for next year 😂

I'm going 2 times next year and can't decide what to do about the ticket issue. I have old hoppers that I bought in 2016 linked right now for May. I'll either upgrade them to APs or buy 3 day hoppers for October. Decisions!!!

I'm going 2 times next year and can't decide what to do about the ticket issue. I have old hoppers that I bought in 2016 linked right now for May. I'll either upgrade them to APs or buy 3 day hoppers for October. Decisions!!!
If we get an AP, we plan on going February 2022 as well. So maybe. Hope you get your trips!

We're booked twice for next year also, the big May trip and then a weekend trip for the 50th in October. I already have an AP and we planned to upgrade my gf's ticket to an AP for May anyway since that trip is so long and we always prefer length of stay tickets, but with this new reservation system potentially in play we definitely want as many opportunities for park time as possible.

My one warning is watch out for AP-itis! With an AP you tend to find excuses to run down there. You know, to get your money's worth. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter