***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

I am making my first trip to WDW. And I am so excited!! I'll be traveling with my db who is my DLR buddy. I just booked our air and hotel--we'll be arriving on May 11 for 6 nights. After reading through this thread, I am thinking I better get tickets asap so I can make my park reservations. I've been getting lots of good ideas and help on other WDW forums too and I so appreciate the kindness from all you WDW vets.

Last edited:
I just wanted to pop in and say "hi"...I've been a member here for a long time but I've been mostly on the FB May Group since we booked our trip (or should I say RE-booked since we were originally set for March 2020 till the shut down). I'm so excited to finally get back as I'm sure you're all too! I won't mind the masks or the fact that not everything will be up and running-What bothers me is that I think I have a little PTSD from my last planned trip in March being squashed at the last minute-oh man that was tough! Anyway here we all are again, planning, and keeping cautiously optimistic~I hope all of our trips become a wonderful reality <3

I am making my first trip to WDW. And I am so excited!! I'll be traveling with my db who is my DLR buddy. I just booked our air and hotel--we'll be arriving on May 11 for 6 nights. After reading through this thread, I am thinking I better get tickets asap so I can make my park reservations. I've been getting lots of good ideas and help on other WDW forums too and I so appreciate the kindness from all you WDW vets.

Yay! Make sure to get a 1st Visit button when you get there. They offer these kind of celebration buttons for free at the front desk of your resort and Guest Services.

I just wanted to pop in and say "hi"...I've been a member here for a long time but I've been mostly on the FB May Group since we booked our trip (or should I say RE-booked since we were originally set for March 2020 till the shut down). I'm so excited to finally get back as I'm sure you're all too! I won't mind the masks or the fact that not everything will be up and running-What bothers me is that I think I have a little PTSD from my last planned trip in March being squashed at the last minute-oh man that was tough! Anyway here we all are again, planning, and keeping cautiously optimistic~I hope all of our trips become a wonderful reality <3

I hear you. After getting last May's big trip cancelled and 2 solo trips cancelled I am just ready for even a little magic.

Even though I should be eligible for the shot in a week or so, I have no idea if I'll actually be able to get it anytime soon. My county just got it, so who knows when I can actually get it. I may be changing my resort because I don't want to use an elevator unless it's absolutely necessary. (I walk the stairs every day I go into the office)

I love Old Key West, but I'm thinking about Saratoga Springs since I've never been there and because their studios have a sofa instead of two queen beds. They're also the only two DVC resorts with outdoor corridors. I'm still not sure because I really want to stay at Rivera since its my home resort that I have't been able to visit yet due to the virus, but I think it may be the better option for me to save the points for my trip in September.

Even though I should be eligible for the shot in a week or so, I have no idea if I'll actually be able to get it anytime soon. My county just got it, so who knows when I can actually get it. I may be changing my resort because I don't want to use an elevator unless it's absolutely necessary. (I walk the stairs every day I go into the office)

I love Old Key West, but I'm thinking about Saratoga Springs since I've never been there and because their studios have a sofa instead of two queen beds. They're also the only two DVC resorts with outdoor corridors. I'm still not sure because I really want to stay at Rivera since its my home resort that I have't been able to visit yet due to the virus, but I think it may be the better option for me to save the points for my trip in September.

I don't blame you. I haven't used an elevator since this mess started. Hopefully you will be able to get your vaccination in before your trip. If not, I'm in the camp of find a resort with outdoor corridors and no real need for the elevators. Not wanting to be stuck in a tiny metal box where everyone is breathing the same air as the people in there before them seems extremely resaonable right now.

I don't blame you. I haven't used an elevator since this mess started. Hopefully you will be able to get your vaccination in before your trip. If not, I'm in the camp of find a resort with outdoor corridors and no real need for the elevators. Not wanting to be stuck in a tiny metal box where everyone is breathing the same air as the people in there before them seems extremely resaonable right now.
We have stayed at the Yacht Club and had to use the elevators for our fourth floor room in October and third floor room earlier this month. Only one group at a time or a maximum of four people were supposed to use the elevators. Most people were good about waiting for an empty elevator. Sometimes people would allow someone outside of their group to join them in the elevator, but mostly people rode the elevators with only their group.

Check your flights if flying SW. I just repriced our flights and saved (well, got a credit 😉) $178 each!!!

We had to move our flights but that just means we get more Disney time. Instead of arriving at 4pm, we get in at noon. And instead of leaving at 3pm we now leave at 6pm.

Check your flights if flying SW. I just repriced our flights and saved (well, got a credit 😉) $178 each!!!

We had to move our flights but that just means we get more Disney time. Instead of arriving at 4pm, we get in at noon. And instead of leaving at 3pm we now leave at 6pm.
Our flight home dropped to $49. I couldn't believe it!

We will hopefully be there 5/15 - 5/18 at Bay Lake Tower, and 5/18 - 5/26 at Beach Club Villas. We had a trip planned for last May that was cancelled, for obvious reasons...ugh. Praying this vacation happens. My daughter, son and law, and myself are all vaccinated. Hoping my husband and other daughter and her boyfriend can get the vaccine before then.

I’m holding onto this one for now, but we may have to cancel with the quarantine rules and my job 😭. I was so excited to go for my birthday 🙏🏻 things improve by may but I’m not holding out hope.

I’ve got 32 days to figure out my ADRs. I’ve been looking at menus and I have to say I’m trying hard not to be disappointed. I fully understand limiting offerings to best sellers helps cut costs and eliminate possible food waste but some of the dishes I had wanted to try are no longer being offered. (Did you hear my voice pitch up to a childish whine? I sure did.) One good thing is the Sunday Gospel Brunch is not happening at HoB so their brunch now falls within our budget and so bottomless bloody Mary’s are in my husband’s future.
Current dining plans:
5/7, Friday, arrival day: Probably eat in our room, might do Dahlia lounge.
5/8, Mama Melrose for lunch, Oga’s later in the day.
5/9, House of Blues brunch.
5/10, Skipper Canteen! I love puns.
5/11, Epcot, no res, try all the food booths.
5/12, Dahlia lounge if not done on arrival.
5/13, Yak and Yeti

... and I’ve made myself hungry making this list. Lol

I’ve got 32 days to figure out my ADRs. I’ve been looking at menus and I have to say I’m trying hard not to be disappointed. I fully understand limiting offerings to best sellers helps cut costs and eliminate possible food waste but some of the dishes I had wanted to try are no longer being offered. (Did you hear my voice pitch up to a childish whine? I sure did.) One good thing is the Sunday Gospel Brunch is not happening at HoB so their brunch now falls within our budget and so bottomless bloody Mary’s are in my husband’s future.
Current dining plans:
5/7, Friday, arrival day: Probably eat in our room, might do Dahlia lounge.
5/8, Mama Melrose for lunch, Oga’s later in the day.
5/9, House of Blues brunch.
5/10, Skipper Canteen! I love puns.
5/11, Epcot, no res, try all the food booths.
5/12, Dahlia lounge if not done on arrival.
5/13, Yak and Yeti

... and I’ve made myself hungry making this list. Lol
My voice probably pitched up also when I found out months ago that Chefs de France wasnt serving my favorite flatbread and my beloved Tiki Terrace is closed and my beloved Hollywood Brown Derby lounge isnt serving food, just drinks. So you are not alone. We will adapt hopefully.....I can also use the diminished experience to get my hubby to agree to yet another trip next year or in 2023 when hopefully the new coasters will be open and maybe After Hours parties are back.
Our ADR’s are in 34 days. Its always a challenge to try to juggle big dinners with our desire to just eat small bites in the lounges or leave days open to do whatever. Here is my list so far:
5/9 lunch is grazing at Epcot food booths, dinner at Tutto Italia
5/10 lunch at Baseline Taphouse and dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby
5/11 lunch at Nomad lounge, rest of day open but shooting for Enchanted Rose bar for bites and drinks(no adr‘s for either needed of course)
5/12 open for lunch, dinner at California Grill
5/13 totally open day, Disney Springs in afternoon maybe
5/14 Nomad lounge or Satuli canteen for lunch, Sanaa for dinner
5/15 lunch at Skippers Canteen, dinner at Enchanted Rose again if we liked it the 1st time, or hop to Epcot for more grazing
5/16 lunch open, dinner at Teppan Edo or grazing or Disney Springs
5/17 Nomad lounge for lunch(yes we love it enough for 3 visits, unless the menu is too limited in which case we will do something else like for the other two days like Satuli Canteen
and leaving dinner open.
5/18 we leave at 6pm but will just graze in MK before we leave for the airport.

Of course this will probably change weekly until March 10. We intend to hop a lot but hesitate to make too many dinner reservations for a park we are hopping to. Epcot is probably a safe bet and the park we will most likely hop to in the afternoon besides MK( since we are staying at CR, its easy to run over there)
It’s so maddening though because the park hours when they come out will make a later dinner seem like you arent missing much park time......then they will probably extend the hours 2 weeks out making me wish i made an early dinner and more rides at close...............ugh!!

See, changed already....my hubby definitely wants to go to Wine Bar George for a glass of wine and the Cheese Board and cookies from Gideons!

Last edited:
Hey May-Trippers! About to "officially" join this month. We usually go mid-May sandwiched nicely just after the cheer groups leave and before the Memorial Day crowds head in. Does anyone know if I am correct in assuming there will be no cheer groups/football this May? That would open up what dates we can look at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter