***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

HI! I'm very new to this... I've heard of the dining alerts, but the site I looked at was charging $15 to sign up for an alert. Are there places I can sign up that don't charge to tell me if a slot opens up? What's TP and MD? omg I'm such a newbie!!!

touringplans.com has a free reservation finder and allows you to set up 2 alerts, including by text (though their subscription is worth paying for solely for their Lines app to get more accurate wait times for attractions)

Mouse Dining is another site but all they do is dining alerts. The standard tier is free with many more alerts you can set but they only email you unless you shell out for a subscription

touringplans.com has a free reservation finder and allows you to set up 2 alerts, including by text (though their subscription is worth paying for solely for their Lines app to get more accurate wait times for attractions)

Mouse Dining is another site but all they do is dining alerts. The standard tier is free with many more alerts you can set but they only email you unless you shell out for a subscription
That's super helpful!!! thankyou so much🙂

Almost missed my Touring Plans texts but happened to roll over to check the time and was able to snag an Oga’s reservation! It’s at park opening (9:05am on 5/6) but I’m just glad to have something secured! I’ll probably keep an eye out for something later in the day but with my evening lightsaber booking (7:25pm) I can’t be picky. My wife-to-be is a big-ride rope dropper so this might not excite her as much but she’s already said the HS day is gonna be more about me :earboy2:

Almost missed my Touring Plans texts but happened to roll over to check the time and was able to snag an Oga’s reservation! It’s at park opening (9:05am on 5/6) but I’m just glad to have something secured! I’ll probably keep an eye out for something later in the day but with my evening lightsaber booking (7:25pm) I can’t be picky. My wife-to-be is a big-ride rope dropper so this might not excite her as much but she’s already said the HS day is gonna be more about me :earboy2:

Hey, if you can’t day drink at Disney can you say you even went?? Breakfast of champions!

I’m just shocked I managed to get Oga’s on a Friday night

I was able to nab a May 10th reservation at Oga's this morning for 8:30pm (beyond what the park hours currently state for Hollywood Studios).

Should mean we are going to see park hours extended a bit no? (EDIT: Looks like I'm way behind the conversation here)

I was on the TP alert for Oga’s and was able to get one for 8:50 pm on a park closing day of 8:00 pm. Do they normally seat almost an after after the park officially closes?

They opened later reservations at all four parks. Was able to get Crt for 6:45 on 5/16 and a Rose and Crown pub at 7 on 5/14😍

I was on the TP alert for Oga’s and was able to get one for 8:50 pm on a park closing day of 8:00 pm. Do they normally seat almost an after after the park officially closes?

A bunch of restaurants stay open after park close for ADRs. Usually what will happen is when you come out, if everything else is also closed (eg shops), CMs will walk you out.

I want to use a grocery delivery service to get some waters, sodas, and snacks for the room. What services have people used for CSR and where is food delivered to - room or Bell Services?
Thanks!

I want to use a grocery delivery service to get some waters, sodas, and snacks for the room. What services have people used for CSR and where is food delivered to - room or Bell Services?
Thanks!

I haven't stayed at CSR but I use Instacart because I have an Instacart Express membership for the free delivery at home, and all the services basically work the same as far as the logistics of your resort. They deliver to Bell Services and will keep your items refrigerated, just be advised that if you include alcohol in your order you will need to meet your delivery driver at the lobby to show ID. If you want Bell Services to bring your groceries to the room it's a $6 fee and tip is encouraged, but if you take them yourself there's no fee.

Thanks!
I have used Amazon prime now and regular Amazon for water delivery and they will keep them at bell services for you until you pick them up. It’s along the same lines as instacart. There is a grocery delivery thread somewhere on this board and it’ll tell you how each delivery works and the address to use for each resort!

Thanks!
I used Orlando Grocery Express when I stayed there in February. They delivered to help services and you can either have them deliver to your room or borrow the cart and bring it up yourself.

I am usually a type A spreadsheet planner. My son has autism so we use a DAS pass some of the time. And we normally don’t do park hoppers because transitions can be challenging. So I feel very ADHD about this trip planning this time. DH and I went in August with my daughter as a present for graduation and to get a feel for how things are now. So this trip we do have park hoppers because in August we really wished we could have been able to because we were done with AK by 2 pm and left DHS and Epcot before close because we’d done everything we cared to for that day. I’ve set up most of my ADRs as lunch and so we aren’t necessarily locked into which park we are hopping to or what time. But without Fastpasses, I don’t have anything else to plan for my spreadsheet! :sad: I’ve been playing around on touring plans but I’ve never found them very helpful for us beyond just keeping track of what we’ve done and what we still need to do.

I sympathize. It’s driving me crazy that I have done all the planning that I can do right now. I even got all the ADRs I wanted. 37 more days for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter