***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

For those concerned about wearing masks all day, we went in August. I was really concerned not only with masks themselves, but heat and humidity. And we noticed right away that once we got there and starting enjoying everything that we love about Disney, we hardly noticed the masks at all. Not to say we didn’t need some breaks, but it was easier to ignore than I thought it would be.

Tomorrow is officially our one month countdown! Going May 21-30th! We had plans for last May but obviously had to cancel because of covid. The one good thing out of that is this year we booked 8 days instead of 4 to make up for no vacations in the past year and a half 😂. I've been able to get all the ADRs we want outside of Sci fin diner, so I just gotta hope one pops up, can't believe I had an easier time getting ogas then that lol.

I thought luggage tags for MDE have been suspended? Unless this is separate and unrelated to MDE, then disregard

*Signed up for MDE as well for May 9th arrival

The yellow tags were discontinued (no more luggage service). But I believe if you place a Magic Band order, they still include the character-themed tags (the ones you put your personal info on).

The yellow tags were discontinued (no more luggage service). But I believe if you place a Magic Band order, they still include the character-themed tags (the ones you put your personal info on).
well now I'm jealous if that was meant to be a thing! We got our magic bands, but no luggage tags.

I didn’t get luggage tags either . I wonder if it depends on what you have booked - package or room only ?

Tomorrow is officially our one month countdown! Going May 21-30th! We had plans for last May but obviously had to cancel because of covid. The one good thing out of that is this year we booked 8 days instead of 4 to make up for no vacations in the past year and a half 😂. I've been able to get all the ADRs we want outside of Sci fin diner, so I just gotta hope one pops up, can't believe I had an easier time getting ogas then that lol.
We also had trouble getting Sci-Fi, but were successful by varying our group size and using the TP reservation finder. I’ve read there are less reservations for small parties there because they are seating one party per car. They are taking walk-ups for smaller groups though. We are a party of 2 but got a reservation for a party of 4.

I didn’t get luggage tags either . I wonder if it depends on what you have booked - package or room only ?

They only come with packages, I only ever book room only and have never gotten them.

Reactions: DLo
They only come with packages, I only ever book room only and have never gotten them.
Thank you. I vary what I book based on what the best discount is . This time I have room only as that is what got me the better deal .

We’re going May 21-June 2!!!so excited!!

My understanding is they stopped sending luggage tags with all reservations. However you can stop at the desk and pick them up.

Last edited:
I thought luggage tags for MDE have been suspended? Unless this is separate and unrelated to MDE, then disregard

*Signed up for MDE as well for May 9th arrival

Ah, yeah, these aren’t the MDE ones, they’re the plastic ones that come with a package. They’re green with cartoon Mickey and Minnie.

Thank you. I vary what I book based on what the best discount is . This time I have room only as that is what got me the better deal .

We always stay deluxe and I have an AP so the room discount is always best. All Ears actually had a great video on this recently about how the math works out on the room vs current ticket offer. It really does vary wildly depending on what level of resort you stay at.

Reactions: DLo
Ugh, Day 3 of trying to get through to Disney recreation. I want to book a fishing excursion and a patio at Blizzard Beach. I work full time and have meetings during the day so holding on for 2+ hours isn't always an option. The other night after work I was on hold for 3 hours and then I figured since it was after 9 they probably closed down. Wish me luck!

Ugh, Day 3 of trying to get through to Disney recreation. I want to book a fishing excursion and a patio at Blizzard Beach. I work full time and have meetings during the day so holding on for 2+ hours isn't always an option. The other night after work I was on hold for 3 hours and then I figured since it was after 9 they probably closed down. Wish me luck!

This is exactly why I work with a TA. I outsource waiting on hold lol

Sorry to hear that! Try calling right when they open up the line at 7am. I reserved a cabana this way and got transferred right to a CM with no wait time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter