***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

5 days until Disney! :jumping1:

I just changed our 1st night at CBR to a garden wing room at Contemporary. It was a bit of a splurge but we’ll be able to walk to MK our first morning in the parks and I am beyond excited.

I’m going to join the overboard shopping group we’ve got going here. I bought my hubs quite a few Disney print muscle shirts...and a bunch of things for me. :rolleyes1

It looks like we are going to be there at the same time.

I could go broke shopping on Etsy. I bought Mouse ears for my daughter that are a combination of Captain America and Winter Soldier. I also got custom Bucky Barnes skins for her Magic Band.
We have a reservation at one of the Italian restaurants, but we are from Virginia. Not exactly known for our Italian food.

If you feel the earth shift on May24th , it’s because my family has landed.
1. I almost got the same shirt but was afraid I’d wear it to work 😂
2. My daughter is OBSESSED with Capt. She made herself a Bucky shirt and got a bow to wear.
3. We’re also from VA.
4. The stars have aligned and we will be there at the same-ish time (24-31 for me)

If you feel the earth shift on May24th , it’s because my family has landed.
1. I almost got the same shirt but was afraid I’d wear it to work 😂
2. My daughter is OBSESSED with Capt. She made herself a Bucky shirt and got a bow to wear.
3. We’re also from VA.
4. The stars have aligned and we will be there at the same-ish time (24-31 for me)
We are going to be there form May 22-31.
I showed a picture of the shirt to my "bosses" (I work for mental health therapists) and they all loved it.
My daughter has a crush on Sebastian Stan. She has a Bucky shirt that I got her for Christmas, and a Falcon and the Winter Soldier shirt I just gave her a couple of weeks ago. She has these ears:

and this magic band:

We are from the central VA area. That's all I will say on a public message board.

We are going to be there form May 22-31.
I showed a picture of the shirt to my "bosses" (I work for mental health therapists) and they all loved it.

and this magic band:
View attachment 571445

We are from the central VA area. That's all I will say on a public message board.

I’m dying over here. I just showed this to my daughter, who is finishing her degree to be a mental health therapist, and she says “those ears are a need. And I need to see Sebastian’s face on my mb.” We can just say that my profile picture is near where we are in VA. Don’t get too specific her, either, totally get that!

I’m dying over here. I just showed this to my daughter, who is finishing her degree to be a mental health therapist, and she says “those ears are a need. And I need to see Sebastian’s face on my mb.” We can just say that my profile picture is near where we are in VA. Don’t get too specific her, either, totally get that!
Here is where I got the ears https://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftyOliviaCuties
The magic band skins came from https://www.etsy.com/shop/SouthernFeatherVinyl
They were a custom order. She did not have Bucky in her shop.

We live near a different university. My daughter is a student studying history. My husband is a professor.

Two days!!! :banana::banana:

Looking at the forecast for next week and it will be HOT HOT HOT - high 90s some days with heat indexes of 100+ in the afternoon. :scared: Hoping the unseasonable temps will keep some of the locals away, but planning to make the best of it regardless. Packing lots of sundresses and my neck fan. :beach:

Good luck to everyone going next week!

Looking at the forecast for next week and it will be HOT HOT HOT - high 90s some days with heat indexes of 100+ in the afternoon. :scared: Hoping the unseasonable temps will keep some of the locals away, but planning to make the best of it regardless. Packing lots of sundresses and my neck fan. :beach:

We have two days, too. :) I wish it wasn't going to be so hot, but at least it looks like it will be mostly dry. :)

I’m a little worried about temps-we are Oregonians and don’t do heat well.

Last edited:
This will be my last check-in before we takeoff on Sunday morning! The bags are all packed and ready to load and I'm starting to get all the wedding and big trip feels at the same time 😁 I'm sure the next 48 hours or so will be a blur but I can't wait!!!

We're also from Virginia - Go Hokies!

We have two days, too. :) I wish it wasn't going to be so hot, but at least it looks like it will be mostly dry. :)
This will be my last check-in before we takeoff on Sunday morning! The bags are all packed and ready to load and I'm starting to get all the wedding and big trip feels at the same time 😁 I'm sure the next 48 hours or so will be a blur but I can't wait!!!

We're also from Virginia - Go Hokies!

We won't be far behind all of you! We hit the ground running on Thursday! HOT HOT HOT is fine with us--just keep the rain away during the day! Perfect pool afternoons. . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter