***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

Made it to the airport-left the house at 4:30. Long day of travel but went smoothly and had no problem getting our rental. First four nights at Bonnet Creek-it’s lovely though cheer competitors are loud and we’ve had some issues with masks-eg a family jumped in our elevator as doors were closing and mother wasn’t masked. I should’ve gotten off. Grocery run to Publix-spent a lot but less than one sit down meal for 5 at Disney :).

DHS today-a little stressed because when Disney removed two duplicate members from my party (I called this week) they cancelled their passes too-fortunately was able to grab two today and tomorrow when I realized this am. Bright side of getting up so early yesterday is that we were able to get on East Coast time and so up and at em this morning!

We leave in 5 days. 2 days at Hilton at Disney Springs and then 5 nights at the Grand a Floridian. We were upgraded last week!! Can’t wait.
I keep stalking ADRs to switch some things around.
I only have 3 days of work this week!! Of course it’s like 10-12 hour days to get everything done before I leave!!

We are arriving next Sunday. Starting to get excited and think about packing. We are taking the first flight out at 6:25am (unless they change it on us, hope not) landing at MCO at 8:30am. We decided not to use DME this last time. Instead a round trip Tiffany Town Car will hopefully be waiting for us after we get our luggage to wisk us off to the Contemporary to start our vacation.
I hope all of us May people have a marvelous time and make some lasting memories!

DHS day yesterday was mostly a success. Had ticket and magicband issues when we entered so lost much of our pre-park opening advantage to going back to the ticket window. But I’m happy it happened here-it’s prob our least favorite park so better to lose time there than say, MK. Guest relations was theoretically able to fix our park reservation issue-guest services accidentally lost park reservations for two of my kids when they removed their duplicate names on MDE-though when I checked just now we are still missing one MK day for one kid. Argh. But regardless, we looooooved ROTR and my husband can’t stop talking about MMRR, he and I had a great time day drinking at Oga’s at 9:30 am, and our 50s lunch was so fun. Bonnet Creek is a great resort and the location is fab for DHS and Epcot-off to Epcot today.

We leave the 28th. I’m in the “buying all the things” stage! Yesterday I bought shirts and sandals for my boys. I’ve gotten neck fans, cooling towels, and a bunch of new masks. Once I confirm everything fits (they were at their dad’s this weekend) I’ll start officially packing. I think I’m going to try the ziplock packing method for them. A shirt, shorts, and underwear in a gallon ziplock bag labeled for the day. I’ll wait until the week before to add the underwear. I’m using this trip as a good excuse to get started on their school clothes shopping for next year.
we are down to just needing two new tires and an oil change for the car. And a few travel snacks for the road.

We leave the 28th. I’m in the “buying all the things” stage!

You never realize how much "stuff" you need until you take a trip to WDW.... :earboy2:

I purchased new running shoes for the parks, a new hat to combat the blistering heat, and ginger lozenges in the event that my stomach hurts from too much dessert (lactose intolerant, except for when I'm on WDW property). pooh::rotfl2:

4 of the 6 shirts I ordered have arrived. I’m still waiting for the other to ship. I still may need to purchase a few pair of shorts. Today I’m going to pick up some mundane things like toothpaste and allergy medicine.

Well, I am in a local hotel for a couple of days having a WFH “staycation” while contractors are working on my house. And I sure did try to use my Apple Watch to open the door like a dang magic band. Old habits die hard! :rotfl2:

The weekend before my birthday, my mom is treating me to a Yankees game since she’s not coming with me. We have not been to the stadium since months before Covid! We will bring our vaccination cards to get in, and I get to try out Clear for security since they use it there. I signed up for the free trial hoping to save some time at MCO.

Gosh it feels good to get a little bit back to normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter