Can't make online reservation at Big River Grille - problems?

diberry

DIS Veteran
I've been trying to make an online reservation at the Big River Grille on the Boardwalk but there's no link to the "make a booking" page. Is there a problem? I noticed several other restaurants are also missing the link though they're on the dining plan.

We've never had a problem just walking up and getting seated. I really don't think ADRs are needed here. In fact, I'm not even sure if this restaurant accepts them.
Kerri

As far as I'm aware, the Big River Grille is a 'walk up' type restaurant ie doesn't take ressies!! Well, that's what Disney Dining told me last year when I tried to book by phone!

Big River is not a Disney restaurant. Some of the non-Disney restaurants don't take reservations through the Disney system. Big River's one of those. Whether or not they're on the dining plan isn't relevant as to whether they offer reservations through the Disney system. There are even a couple of Disney-owned restaurants (ESPN, Beaches & Cream) that don't take reservations at all.

If you want to even try to make a reservation at Big River you will need to call them directly (which you may not want to do from the UK). Many reports I've seen of people who did call Big River were told "You don't need a reservation, just walk up" so I don't know how successful that would be.

That explains it then! It's just that I'm doing all my ADRs and couldn't figure out why I couldn't book that restaurant. Thank you very much for the explanations!

As pp noted, you can likely walk up. They do take ressies because I made on my last trip, but when I got there, there was no line.

Reservations are by phone: 407-560-0253, but again as pp noted, calling from the UK would be a toll call.

One tip I can give you though, it about 4 weeks from your departure, go to their website www.bigrivergrille.com and sign up for "BigRiver Online".

They will send you a "Welcome Gift" by email for a free appetizer. The date of the email offer does expire, so don't sign up too early or the email will expire before you get here.

Enjoy the free app. :goodvibes

As pp noted, you can likely walk up. They do take ressies because I made on my last trip, but when I got there, there was no line.

Reservations are by phone: 407-560-0253, but again as pp noted, calling from the UK would be a toll call.

One tip I can give you though, it about 4 weeks from your departure, go to their website www.bigrivergrille.com and sign up for "BigRiver Online".

They will send you a "Welcome Gift" by email for a free appetizer. The date of the email offer does expire, so don't sign up too early or the email will expire before you get here.

Enjoy the free app. :goodvibes

Thank you so much - that's a great tip - I'll certainly do that!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter