cant rehire and im so confused as to why ?

Itsjen516

Earning My Ears
i did my college program spring 2013 never had any issues and manager only really spoke to me for being late a few times but that was the biggest issue. i finished my college program never got termed and never self termed. im now trying to re apply but to work at the store here in NY but i got an email saying im not able to rehire
BUT WHY I NEVER DID ANYTHING WRONG always did my work , got along with everyone didnt act up showed up to work if i was gonna be late due to a late bus i would call.
the most i can think of is them emailing my saying i didnt return my costume but i did! i think it just may not have scanned. So am i just termed from disney for ever for a shirt that i did give back?
im so upset i wanted to do another program and become seasonal :( but now what do i do im close to tears

i did my college program spring 2013 never had any issues and manager only really spoke to me for being late a few times but that was the biggest issue. i finished my college program never got termed and never self termed. im now trying to re apply but to work at the store here in NY but i got an email saying im not able to rehire BUT WHY I NEVER DID ANYTHING WRONG always did my work , got along with everyone didnt act up showed up to work if i was gonna be late due to a late bus i would call. the most i can think of is them emailing my saying i didnt return my costume but i did! i think it just may not have scanned. So am i just termed from disney for ever for a shirt that i did give back? im so upset i wanted to do another program and become seasonal :( but now what do i do im close to tears

A costume wouldn't be the cause of it. You'd have a charge pending against you and it would be deducted from your first paycheck. Get in touch with Casting, if you have a restricted/no-rehire status, they are really your only source of finding out.

A new policy went into place about a year ago - yes, a costume gives you a no rehire status. It requires getting in contact with the e-mail/phone in that letter and trying to get the garment cleared from your record. As a person who currently works in costuming, I see it all the time. Unfortunately, after a person leaves the company operational costuming cannot help, it has to be through that specific team that sent the letter.

A new policy went into place about a year ago - yes, a costume gives you a no rehire status. It requires getting in contact with the e-mail/phone in that letter and trying to get the garment cleared from your record. As a person who currently works in costuming, I see it all the time. Unfortunately, after a person leaves the company operational costuming cannot help, it has to be through that specific team that sent the letter.

Wow, that's new to me...learn something new every day!

ya im waiting to hear back from them
i know an old email they sent before gave me an address where i can sent the money to but they also said they will monitor my status then i never herd back so i figured they just found it. i dont believe i have the letter anymore either ? so how what ?

If you dont mind me asking, Berlioz, whats it like working in costuming? Im really interested in that role and its often hard to find people who talk about it since its not common or one of the 'cool' roles like attractions or character performer.

If you dont mind me asking, Berlioz, whats it like working in costuming? Im really interested in that role and its often hard to find people who talk about it since its not common or one of the 'cool' roles like attractions or character performer.

Feel free to PM me your specific questions, I've been in Costuming for about 3 years.

yes i did
wdw.costume.recovery@disney.com
correct right ? then i got a email saying 3-5 days its been 3 but last time they wrote back in 1 day

They're closed on the weekends.

I am wondering that too--when the costume is paid for, is the no rehire status lifted? I never received an email or letter about the item, so was unaware I had an item missing until I applied for a position.

I am wondering that too--when the costume is paid for, is the no rehire status lifted? I never received an email or letter about the item, so was unaware I had an item missing until I applied for a position.

Glad I'm not the only one in this situation -_- hopfuly we both can figure this out

Do you know if this applies to basics as well? I ask because a few years ago my daughter came home and when she went back she left a pair of basic shorts that are still sitting in her dresser. She keeps on forgetting to take them with her. She never got an email though. How would she know if it is on her record. She has not immediate plans to leave the company but I want to make sure she doesn't have something like that on her record. She left the shorts home back in 2012.

Yes, I finally heard back, too, and my no-rehire was because of a $13 shirt. Your daughter should definitely take care of this now by emailing costume recovery!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter