CAPD (manual dialysis) inside Magic Kingdom experiences?

MomTo3PrincessesInNJ

DIS Veteran
I'm new to dialysis and feeling very overwhelmed about our 1 day surprise trip for my kiddos during Christmas week to Magic Kingdom. I've seen different reports on dialysis facebook pages of people who have done CAPD exchanges at the first aid centers on Disney property. I'm curious if anyone here has any first hand experience?

I'll need to do 2 exchanges while I'm there. My plan is to rent a wheelchair and carry my supplies around in a backpack until it's time to do the treatment. I've never been inside a first aid station, do they have a private-ish area for me to set up the treatment? Ideally I'd need an IV pole, however I can make it work without one.

Last edited:
I've never been inside a first aid station, do they have a private-ish area for me to set up the treatment? Ideally I'd need an IV pole, however I can make it work without one.
Each park has a First Aid station. Although they are themed differently, they all have same amenities. I use them frequently with my daughter to give medication or to rest if she gets too hot or has a seizure. I‘ve been in all of the First Aid stations.
When you enter First Aid, there is a waiting room with a desk at the end.
You will be asked to sign into their register - it’s just a list so they can track usage of First Aid facilities. Tell the staff what you need and approximately how long you will need it; they will assign you an appropriate room.
They have everything from cubicles with only a cot and chair to private rooms with a cot or exam table, a chair, sink and IV pole. These pictures are from Animal Kingdom, but all have similar rooms. This one had a microwave, but not all do. All the ones we’ve been assigned have had an IV pole, although we don’t actually need one and I don’t know if all the private rooms have one. Be sure to mention the IV pole when checking in.
FEBBE581-D65B-425C-AF69-957CA5021BDD.jpegB32633C7-CD12-44FD-8BF1-CFD689CC13AA.jpeg

Before COVID, they were able to store some medical supplies for people that were difficult to carry around the parks or needed to stay cool. I don’t know if they still do that or not. Each park has lockers, but they are not centrally located. At MK, they are by the train station as you enter the park.
First Aid in MK is the end of Main Street, just before the castle hub. It’s located between Casey’s Corner and Crystal Palace.

Each park has a First Aid station. Although they are themed differently, they all have same amenities. I use them frequently with my daughter to give medication or to rest if she gets too hot or has a seizure. I‘ve been in all of the First Aid stations.
When you enter First Aid, there is a waiting room with a desk at the end.
You will be asked to sign into their register - it’s just a list so they can track usage of First Aid facilities. Tell the staff what you need and approximately how long you will need it; they will assign you an appropriate room.
They do have private rooms with a cot or exam table, a chair, sink and IV pole. These pictures are from Animal Kingdom, but all have similar rooms.
View attachment 721935View attachment 721936

Before COVID, they were able to store some medical supplies for people that were difficult to carry around the parks or needed to stay cool. I don’t know if they still do that or not. Each park has lockers, but they are not centrally located. At MK, they are by the train station as you enter the park.
First Aid in MK is the end of Main Street, just before the castle hub. It’s located between Casey’s Corner and Crystal Palace.
This is perfect -- thank you so much! I feel much better now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter