Cape Cod Camping

Bichon Barb

<font color=darkorchid>Mmmmm. French fries. Oh to
Hello fellow campers. Our family is planning to take our pop up to Cape Cod from 7/2 to 7/7. (Myself, DH, DS7 and DS9). Here are the places that have sites available:

Horton's in North Truro
North Truro Campground
Shady Knolls in Brewster

Is anyone familiar with any of these places? Looking through the info we have, there are pro's and con's to each. The places in N. Truro would be nice, because they are close to P'town and beaches, but no campfires. Shady Knolls is mid cape and allows fires.

Any thoughts?

The distance from the mid-cape to Truro isn't far, only 1/2 hour or so, you stay on the mid cape for your fire at night and drive to any beach for the day

We just got back from camping at the cape today. We stayed at Bayview Campground in Bourne. It was wonderful! We're booking another weekend or two for the summer! I would recommend trying them for a site.

There's also the huge Nickerson State Park mid-Cape, and I think they now have a way to do on-line reservations. That's right on the bike path. Be sure to take your bikes and enjoy!

We usually stay mid-Cape and drive to the lower Cape for some beaches, but our favorite is Skaket in Orleans on the bayside. Much warmer than that cold Nauset on the Atlantic.

And don't forget the Christmas Tree Shops!

Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to check out Bayview on the web. Is Bourne at the start of the Cape--after you cross the bridge? Traffic?

We rented a house years ago in Orleans and visited Nickerson State Park. It is a beautiful park. I think you can reserve sites there at reserveamerica.com. Anyway, that's still an option.

Thanks again.

Yes Bourne is at the bridge, just barely on the Cape

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter