Cape May breakfast?

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
Any comments on the Cape May breakfast? We'll be at the Swan and I'm considering it--characters are not that vital, wondering about the food--we ate dinner at Cape May in 2001 and I liked the restaurant itself.
Robin M.

56 days until December Swan trip

This is our favorite character breakfast. Good selection, and very low key. I like the fresh fruit selection. It's not as "lively" as some of the other restaurants (a good thing first thing in the morning, IMO ;) ).

Minnie is in the lobby, and Goofy and Chip & Dale wander around the tables. HTH

We ate there twice last week for breakfast and enjoyed the buffet and the low key atmosphere. Word of warning, try to get there early because it does get crowded around 10:00.;)

Food is good. Standard breakfast fare plus cheese blintzs. Krispy Kreme donuts. We had the best character interaction here we've ever had and one of the most fun servers (an older woman who called Chip and Dale "the boys").

This is my favorite character meal. It is much more low key than the others and the character interaction is great. There is a lot of fresh fruit to select from along with all the basic breakfast food. the costumes on the charcters are really cute, too.

The fresh fruit selections are terrific here! I could easily stuff myself with this alone. They have several kinds of cereals, both hot and cold. Pastries, including Krispy Kremes; pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. Practically anything you want for breakfast.

My opinion is the food here is much better than Chef Mickey's. The character interaction is more subdued, too. It's fun, but the characters are not manically racing around, dancing, bouncing all the walls, etc. Nice change of pace -- especially if you are not quite awake yet.

But the kids love it. The characters spend lots of time, plenty of time for autographs, pictures, hugs, etc. For special events (tell the hostess and/or server) you may get a big balloon autographed by Minnie. My DW and I got one for our anniversary. It was fun but what was even more fun was giving it away to a little girl in the lobby -- she was with her mom (a single mother) and she looked like she could use some "magic."

Highly recommend Cape May -- delish breakfast; fun characters; great servers; terrific fresh squeezed OJ!

I agree with Hookdonwdw. It's the only character breakfast we go to. The selection is great, fresh fruit and it is always very clean. Also not anywhere near as loud as some of the others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter