Cape may breakfast!

Glee1973

Earning My Ears
What are everyone's thoughts on cape may for breakfast. We are staying at YC for a short weekend trip and are looking for a near by breakfast option. I've read terrible reviews of captains grill since the move. I can't get into trattoria al forno. This seemed like the easiest option. Has anyone eaten there recently?

It isn't my favorite breakfast, but it was very good the characters are so adorable in their Beach outfits. It is typically less busy and crowded than other character breakfasts which is always a plus. I would totally recommend it for the area where you are staying :)

We ate there in November and are planning to go back this winter. It was very fun and the characters were great! The food was also good and the buffet was kept up nicely (not a mess). I had also been to Captain's Grille in the same week and thought the food was comparable. Captain's Grille was slightly more sophisticated, but Beach Club was really good, too! I think this is definitely a good choice if you're staying at YC.

We loved it. It was very laid back, we did not feel rushed at all, had great interaction with the characters, and didn't think the food was bad at all!

What are everyone's thoughts on cape may for breakfast. We are staying at YC for a short weekend trip and are looking for a near by breakfast option. I've read terrible reviews of captains grill since the move. I can't get into trattoria al forno. This seemed like the easiest option. Has anyone eaten there recently?

We have eaten there several times, most recently in May 2017. Sometime between December 2016 and May they changed the buffet around and stopped the crepe station, started offering more pancake and waffle toppings (candy), and the salads seemed reduced, which we felt were all negatives.

The character interactions are generally very good and in an hour the characters will often be making a second loop. On one visit there Donald took about 10-15 minutes with my daughter who was at that time afraid of characters and played games with her and gradually got her to warm up to him and all of the other characters for the rest of our trip, so that was very special for us.

As an additional option if you have park hopper tickets, APs or are going to Epcot anyway that day Les Halles in France opens earlier than the rest of World Showcase (usually 9am) for breakfast and has really good pastries. At that time of day there are very few people there.

I agree with the other posters. THis is one of the most laid back character meals. We had very good character interaction here. Goofy sat down with DS to play tic-tac-toe. They have the standard disney breakfast which was good.

Cape May Cafe is our favorite breakfast TS at WDW. Lots of variety, food is good, characters are fun.

It is a very enjoyable breakfast. While the buffet doesn't have quite the selection that some of the other character breakfasts there is still plenty to choose from and what they do have is good. The characters are also a lot of fun. (We have been to Captain's Grill as well and don't think the food is as good there as it is at CMC). Feel free to check out my photos from our visit-

CAPE MAY CAFE CHARACTER BREAKFAST PHOTOS

Cape May is one of our favorite character breakfasts! We love the buffet- especially the crepe station and the characters are great and so cute in their beach attire. We stayed at Beach Club last trip and staying there again in September, so being able to wake up and not have to worry about transportation to get to a meal for once is so nice!

Goofy hosts one of the 'better' Character buffet breakfasts at Cape May (1900 Park Fare is the other often mentioned). If you enjoy smoked salmon, you may feel as if you paid a bargain price.

Walking along Boardwalk, you have dismissed Trattoria al Forno. OK.

You can go a bit further - to the end of Boardwalk and over a small bridge (more towards Hollywood Studios) and dine at Fresh (inside Dolphin). Food items are a bit limited in comparison to Cape May, but an excellent buffet with made-to-order eggs, pancakes, waffles, carved meats, pastries, etc. We get 'value' from the freshly pressed juices (i.e., carrot, apple, etc.). They take AAA discount (I think) and DVC.

I had breakfast at Cape May Café this March, and enjoyed both the food and the laid-back atmosphere. The crepe station was sadly discontinued before that, but I was glad to find the bananas foster waffle topping there. I think it's a good choice for your situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter