Cape May Cafe - Dinner?

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
How is the "clambake" dinner at Cape May Cafe? We will be a party of 6 adults & one baby and I think it would be nice to have dinner at the Beach Club, stroll around the Boardwalk area and maybe hit Beaches and Cream for dessert (that is if everyone's up to sharing the Kitchen Sink!)

Any opinions???

BTW, we're not the "gourmet" types. So we're looking for a fun place for a large group! Thanks!

You've got a great idea for what you are looking for.

Not gourmet, but VERY good, and lots of fun :)

I wouldn't hesitate! We've eaten dinner there at least ahalf dozen times and have never been diappointed.

Anne

Our family had a lot of fun at the clam bake last fall. Although I'd be surprised if you felt up to Beaches and Cream afterwards. The desserts at the clam bake are really good!

We love Cape May, we eat there most every trip! The chicken and mashed potatoes and salads are great! I am not much of a clam eater, but the peel and eat shrimp is great! Also, they have great deserts! You may want to save ice cream at Beaches and Cream for another day! We are usually stuffed after our dinner there!!

We really enjoyed Cape May for dinner last month.......but the dessert bar is the best part, save Beaches and Cream for later.

This is my hubby's favorite meal - we are doing this dinner for his birthday next week! I am not a seafood eater at all, but there is plenty of other great food there to fill me up. The dessert is really great there, too!

hi: i agree with leaving beaches and cream for another day. after dinner it usually takes me a good 15 minutes to "waddle" back home to the bwv.

Our family had a lot of fun at the clam bake last fall.
I am wondering, what is "Fun" about the clam bake? I have been considering this for our next trip, but I read there is no type of entertainment there, so I may book somewhere else instead, where my two little Dds will have fun. Is there something there that I'm not aware of?

No. you are right, no entertainment, but it's a festive atmosphere that leds itself to families enjoying each others company--that's fun to me--I don't need characters or "Bear-ly" acceptable humour to have fun :)

Anne

My family and I thought the food at the Cape May Clam Bake was incredible! We were so surprised that a seafood buffet would be so delicious and fresh. There is a wide array and variety of food. The clams and mussels were fresh and tender. The dessert selection was overwhelming. I definitely will make this stop a must do for every trip.:D

Thumbs up from me too; this was an "unplanned" dinner for us and it was one of the most pleasant surprises. Very good food, lots of choices, relaxing yet festive atmosphere (cute decor, friendly servers- I like how you can color on your paper tablecloth) and a VERY good dessert bar. I have to echo everyone else and say that you should plan Beaches and Cream for another night- there were AT LEAST 10 desserts to choose from. I had Key Lime Pie and some chocolate mousse. There was also apple cobbler, cookies, donuts, several fruit tarts, cheesecake, a coconut cake, plus taffy strewn everywhere for you to take. I passed on a 2nd round of ribs and fish so I could indulge in the desserts, they were that good! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter