Cape May Cafe--fill me in please

We ate here last week 2x for dinner and 1x for breakfast. We really enjoyed dinner: there were enough selections and the food was refilled promptly.

Breakfast was another story. We were there from about 9:30am to 11am. It took forever to get your plate at the buffet. There was always something major missing. Bacon, or eggs, or mickey waffles. At one point, 7 people were standing at the buffet waiting for mickey waffles for around 10 minutes. :sad2:

The serving trays they are using now are quite small, so must be replenished often. It seemed like they could just not keep up with it. They would keep apologizing, "I'm sorry, we're working on that, it will be out soon". Really. It is bacon and eggs and fruit, and you're charging me $27pp for it. How hard can it be? :confused3

Well i'll be the one to say it.... Disliked this place *a lot*... When we went there were no crab legs, the service was lousy & thats being nice. We also felt it was WAY over priced. The best food there was kids food... Glad everyone else likes it, but we will never go back.

Well i'll be the one to say it.... Disliked this place *a lot*... When we went there were no crab legs, the service was lousy & thats being nice. We also felt it was WAY over priced. The best food there was kids food... Glad everyone else likes it, but we will never go back.

All of Disney's buffets are expensive.

I will agree that there are not a huge amount of choices, but the choices they provide are well-made.

There is usually baked chicken, sliced beef, a fish filet selection, and the ribs. All were pretty good the nights we went. They also usually have a penne dish and a spicey beef stew made with tomatoes and olives that I want the recipe for. The clam chowder was excellent.

I think the desserts need work, but the oatmeal cookies and flan were pretty good.

No crab legs would be a disappointment for me. They also had clams and fried shrimp the night we were there, and fried calamari on another night.

I have been there many times and always had excellent servers. You must have had an unlucky night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter