Cape May Cafe

leebee

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had either the Turf Platter or the Seafood Boil here? Any pictures? I'm fine with the Seafood Boil but DD can be a little touchy about meat; is the strip loin of decent quality, the chicken not dry? (I am assuming that you get everything that is listed on the platter OR the boil, don't have to choose one main entree from the listed food)

I can’t comment on the actual food, but you get both platters to start, the seafood and turf, you don’t have to choose between the two. Then you can ask for more of whatever items you want

Has anyone had either the Turf Platter or the Seafood Boil here? Any pictures? I'm fine with the Seafood Boil but DD can be a little touchy about meat; is the strip loin of decent quality, the chicken not dry? (I am assuming that you get everything that is listed on the platter OR the boil, don't have to choose one main entree from the listed food)
The chicken was not dry, and the mashed potatoes were kind of hot. That’s about as positive as I’ll go with family style Cape May. I think I might be in the minority, but I won’t be back as long as it’s served this way and with the current options.

The chicken was not dry, and the mashed potatoes were kind of hot. That’s about as positive as I’ll go with family style Cape May. I think I might be in the minority, but I won’t be back as long as it’s served this way and with the current options.
You are not in the minority. We ate there this week and we were not impressed. Except for the lobster Mac and cheese and the shrimp (which they don’t even give cocktail sauce for), the rest of the food was average at best. I doubt we will be back until it returns to a buffet. And I want my AYCE crab back!

You get everything listed on the menu - the boil and the platter. We went for dinner in mid-June and found they give you very little food. You can ask for more, but good luck flagging anyone down and, when you do, and they bring you the extra food, again, it's a very small portion. The strip loin was actually good - they just didn't bring us very much of it. We had chicken pieces that, literally, had no meat on them. We left hungry and, again, while we could have asked for more food, it took so long to get it, we threw in the towel. We had better and more food at P&J's takeout QS at Ft. W. I, too, will not waste my money at Cape May until they change the dining format.

We ate on Wednesday night, 3 adults. The second seafood boil had many more shrimp than the first and we did get cocktail sauce. We did augment with 2 pounds of the crab legs. We enjoyed the meal, but did not think it was worth the price.

Thank you all for your input. DD is a "turf" girl and I adore seafood so this seems like a dream... SEEMS being the operative word. I think we'll skip Cape May for now.

We just got back and had a great dinner there! We don't eat seafood (except the lobster mac n cheese) so we skipped the boil but the beef and chicken were great as were the sides, salad and rolls. We had excellent service (Kim S). Very attentive, kept the food coming. No problem whatsoever.

Thank you all for your input. DD is a "turf" girl and I adore seafood so this seems like a dream... SEEMS being the operative word. I think we'll skip Cape May for now.

We ate at bluezoo the night after we ate at Cape May and the special was surf and turf - a filet with shrimp and some other seafood - it was incredible. If you are looking for a restaurant that offers both great steak and seafood, consider bluezoo.

We’ve done the dinner buffet twice and always found plenty that we enjoyed.
There’s no buffet right now. It’s family style, and family style and seafood aren’t the best combo. We loved the buffet; it was a must-do for us. We were so excited that Cape May reopened, and then we were gutted over our experience. If it ever goes back to a buffet, we’ll rush back.

You are not in the minority. We ate there this week and we were not impressed. Except for the lobster Mac and cheese and the shrimp (which they don’t even give cocktail sauce for), the rest of the food was average at best. I doubt we will be back until it returns to a buffet. And I want my AYCE crab back!
We ate there at the end of July. Not going back until it's a buffet including crab legs. The food was good but not great like in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter