Cape May Dinner - $71 if you want crab legs!?

I’m looking forward to seeing the reviews this week. I got an ADR for both breakfast and dinner, but we’re not sure about the dinner one yet bc we are not big seafood eaters. We prefer fried fish more. Going to wait and see what the turf platter and the other parts of the meal look like.

The last time I was there, it was two years ago. I mostly ate crab legs and that was it. Hahaha!
Also, I felt that there weren't enough veggies at the buffet, which was disappointing. Maybe that has changed since then.

I work dinner at Cape May Cafe.
Can I just get the crab legs, red potatoes, corn on the cob? Without mussells, clams, shrimp? Would it be any less cost, or the same? Or like someone else said they wanted the turf platter and order crab legs addl. Will they allow that?
What is on the portobello steak platter?
Thanks in advance.

Can I just get the crab legs, red potatoes, corn on the cob? Without mussells, clams, shrimp? Would it be any less cost, or the same? Or like someone else said they wanted the turf platter and order crab legs addl. Will they allow that?
What is on the portobello steak platter?
Thanks in advance.

The adult all you care to enjoy dinner price is $42 regardless of what you don’t want brought to the table. Every table will get the turf platter and the seafood boil platter unless you say you don’t want it. Price doesn’t change. A pound of crab legs is an additional charge of $29. I have not seen the mushroom platter yet so I can’t comment on it.

The adult all you care to enjoy dinner price is $42 regardless of what you don’t want brought to the table. Every table will get the turf platter and the seafood boil platter unless you say you don’t want it. Price doesn’t change. A pound of crab legs is an additional charge of $29. I have not seen the mushroom platter yet so I can’t comment on it.
Wait I thought it was a choose one entree meal . The salad and dessert were family style. I must have read that wrong .

Thank you very much.

Chef Mickey’s and Hollywood & Vine had some of the worst TS food on property and re-opened to rave reviews as family style. Clearly food & beverage has upped their game so I’m not willing to dismiss dinner here until after it opens and reviews start coming in.
My take, after three trips back since last fall, the last being a week ago...

WDW has, sadly, definitely not upped their game. Well, B&C was fine as our CS at wilderness lodge. Otherwise, even our favored Art Smith’s was lacking.

Not one to bother cracking small crab legs generally. The onesi’d “snitch” off my family’s plates at B&C were always good, as was the rest of the fare. Last visit 1/20 there was especially enjoyable.

On a positive note, the upcharge for crab legs may just make it easier to grab an ADR there

I’m not surprised WDW is having difficulties ramping dining service back up, especially as to reassigning/retraining staff. What I won’t accept is an ongoing dumbing down as to offerings & food quality. Time will tell. :wizard:

Cape May was actually my families favorite!! We would strictly go there for the crab legs alone!! My dad and and I wore out the rug going back and forth lol!! with the increase it will not make it worth while for our family. We can pay $25 a pound for king crab legs at Costco. With that being said I understand that everything since Covid has massively increased... Crab is not easy to get for the fishermen which alone raises the cost. Then throw Covid into the mix and I am surprised Disney is offering it at all.... We expect to pay more at Disney it is just the way it is..... Similar to or trips to Hawaii... By the time we get home we are excited to pay $10 for a hamburger. Vacations are special.. they are not an ever day experience... it gives you an excuse to splurge a little... However most people have to narrow it down to what they are willing to splurge on and this will not be one of them for our family. At least Disney gives you the option to splurge if you want but still makes it possible for people whom enjoy the restaurant the option to go. We might try the breakfast this trip instead.

I think the AYCE Crab Legs was one of the things I missed the most during covid. So sad about how they are doing the re-opening and hope the AYCE will be back soon.

Interesting to see how some folks are OK with the constant penny counting by WDW. I am DVC owner and we go yearly. I love Disney. I am cheap too which makes it a bad marriage but I am HAPPY to pay crazy monies for quality. The constant price increases and lower product quality is killing it for me. The LITTLE things is what makes Disney stand out head and shoulders above all. It's also the LITTLE things that make them look bad.

I "think" they are trying to deal with shortages and increased cost but what happens when demand levels out again?

We also were a family that went for the crab legs. My youngest grew up eating her weight in crab legs here. She is 18 now and when I told her the changes her response was "f**k COVID".

How about the young kids. I have a 5 yr old granddaughter who won’t eat anything but popcorn shrimp or chicken nuggets. What do they get?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter