Cape May Dinner - $71 if you want crab legs!?

SInce it is "all you care to enjoy" , can you request refills of individual items or do you have to get the whole platter? Can adults request the mac n cheese to be included in their platter?

SInce it is "all you care to enjoy" , can you request refills of individual items or do you have to get the whole platter? Can adults request the mac n cheese to be included in their platter?
I cannot speak specifically to Cape May's new menu, but every other family style meal we have done in the past you were able to ask for more of specific items rather than a complete new platter with everything.

Does anyone know what the dessert is? Also can't wait to read reviews!!
Here is a review. I think that people are going to have to adjust to what Cape May is now, compared to what it used to be. It was a great deal before for the all you can eat crab legs. (And let's be honest, it was all you "can" eat, not all you "care to" eat, because who stops eating crab legs before they absolutely have to.) However, if the review below is in any way accurate, then the new menu should be a hit, and again right in line on price with every other family style meal out there right now.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021...fe-in-disney-world-and-were-not-mad-about-it/

The review of dinner looks good. I wonder if it still comes with soda or iced tea included.

I remember when they used to have entire cakes out on the buffet for everyone to serve themselves. That was crazy. They were good, too.

Quite a few people are mentioning that they can buy crab legs at the store for less, but isn't that true with almost everything?

Looking at pics from the new menu, I think $42 for the platters is a fair price. And $35 for a whole lobster is good by normal restaurant standards, and cheap for Disney prices, especially if you split it.

For reference, my local Red Lobster, not in a tourist city, charges $35 for a whole lobster and $24/lb for crab legs.

Last edited:
Quite a few people are mentioning that they can buy crab legs at the store for less, but isn't that true with almost everything?

Looking at pics from the new menu, I think $42 for the platters is a fair price. And $35 for a whole lobster is good by normal restaurant standards, and cheap for Disney prices, especially if you split it.

For reference, my local Red Lobster, not in a tourist city, charges $35 for a whole lobster and $24/lb for crab legs.
The difference is at Red Lobster, you can choose to just purchase the lobster or crab legs, which keeps the overall meal cost reasonable . At Cape May you also have get the platter which looks unappealing to many on this thread (eg I donn’t eat mussels/clams and have no interest in steak or roast chicken). I would think the price is totally fair if you could choose between entrees or pay a small supplement to upgrade to a crab leg dinner instead of the “land and sea” platter.

Does anyone know what pre covid price for cape may cafe was? My recollection was that it was around $60 but can’t recall for certain as I only went on dining plan.

For me I think the current price of $42 per adult for buffet dinner is rather reasonable. I don’t like the additional charge for crab legs but can understand extra charge for item with supply issues. If they did in fact drop the price with the change as I believe I think it’s a fair change. That said, I likely would not return either until the crab legs comeback and I can use meal plan credit to dampen the cost.

The difference is at Red Lobster, you can choose to just purchase the lobster or crab legs, which keeps the overall meal cost reasonable . At Cape May you also have get the platter which looks unappealing to many on this thread (eg I donn’t eat mussels/clams and have no interest in steak or roast chicken). I would think the price is totally fair if you could choose between entrees or pay a small supplement to upgrade to a crab leg dinner instead of the “land and sea” platter.

That is true. The reviews I've read usually had people split the upgrades. $50 for just a lobster or AYCTE crab legs and all you can eat sides/desserts would probably fill the restaurant.

Does anyone know what pre covid price for cape may cafe was? My recollection was that it was around $60 but can’t recall for certain as I only went on dining plan.

For me I think the current price of $42 per adult for buffet dinner is rather reasonable. I don’t like the additional charge for crab legs but can understand extra charge for item with supply issues. If they did in fact drop the price with the change as I believe I think it’s a fair change. That said, I likely would not return either until the crab legs comeback and I can use meal plan credit to dampen the cost.
If I remember correctly, the price pre-Covid was very similar to this WITH crab legs. It ranged around $40-$45 depending on the season. Disney raised buffet prices around holidays.

If I remember correctly, the price pre-Covid was very similar to this WITH crab legs. It ranged around $40-$45 depending on the season. Disney raised buffet prices around holidays.
I spent some time on google and best info I can find says dinner was $55 prior to closing last year. If you assume some level of inflation year to year your looking at discount of about $15 to remove the crab legs. I’d say it’s net reduced value for sure but it’s certainly not terribly out of line for buffet cost for Disney in general.

I spent some time on google and best info I can find says dinner was $55 prior to closing last year. If you assume some level of inflation year to year your looking at discount of about $15 to remove the crab legs. I’d say it’s net reduced value for sure but it’s certainly not terribly out of line for buffet cost for Disney in general.
Except it is not a buffet any more. The pre-Covid buffet had far more to choose from than the current platters.

Lobster is going up in price as there is a major spike in demand globally (American lobsters are big at high end restaurants in Asia+Mideast), at least here in Massachusetts.

It's probably not going to go down as they are only going to get harder to harvest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter