Cape May vc chef Mickey?

Sophie_2003

DIS Veteran
We booked chef Mickey, now wondering if Cape mya would be a better idea...

Thoughts on those who have done both?

I prefer cape may, bt we always end up doing both for the atmosphere of Chef Mickey.

Characters, food, and overall loudness set Cape May apart.

I prefer cape may, bt we always end up doing both for the atmosphere of Chef Mickey.

Characters, food, and overall loudness set Cape May apart.

This is exactly how we feel. We enjoy both, but prefer Cape May as it is more relaxing and laid back. Chef Mickey's is pretty cool with the monorail running through it and the Fab 5 / napkin swinging / 'disney' feeling. The only downside to Cape May is getting there (unless you are staying at a Boardwalk area hotel / have a car). Enjoy!

I have done and enjoyed both. Mickey is not at Cape May however. I like Chef Mickey's because you get the Fab 5 and love the song and napkin ritual. Cape May was quieter and the Characters are really cute in the beach wear. i would do both again.

We did both last year and preferred Cape May. I felt like it was more laid back and characters spent a little more time. I enjoyed the food better too. At Chef Mickey's it was super busy and hectic. Food was meh...

Like some of the previous posters, we have done both CM and Cape May. The food is definitely better at Cape May. However, if you've never been to CM I'd say to consider it. It's the most "Disney" character meal at WDW and kids especially love seeing the monorails gliding overhead. It's definitely worth doing once for the atmosphere, just don't expect gourmet food.

We've done both and will do both again. We have done breakfast only at both, to date. But if I were to choose just one, it would probably be Cape May. We've had much better character interaction there and I find the food better.

I like the food better at Cape May
I like the atmosphere better at Cape May (much quieter)
Characters are cute in their beach wear!

Cape May is one of my faves. I highly recommend it.

We've only done dinner at Chef Mickey's and the food really wasn't that good. Breakfast at Cape May was really delicious though and lots of variety.

Great question! I had the same thoughts on our last trip (May 2014). We decided to go with Cape May. #1. yes, it's quieter. With a very busy 4 yr old DD this was a great chance for her to enjoy seeing characters but not be too overly stimulated. #2. The characters came around twice for multiple photos and their beach wear is too cute! #3 we enjoyed walking around the property a bit after our large breakfast. It was beautiful! Enjoy!!

I would certainly try Chef Mickey's for the experience in the future. The napkin stuff sounds fun.

We have done breakfast at both. The quality of food and laid back atmosphere make Cape May our favorite. But everyone who likes character meals should try Chef Mickey's at least once. It is like a party with the Fab 5. The napkin swinging and singing is pretty awesome and, as others have said, the monorails gliding by is really unique. My family is just a little laid back and likes the relative calm of Cape May.

Well let's put it this way, we did both at our last visit. We are booked at Cape May again when we go in a month. I don't care if I never step foot in Chef Mickey's again. The food was yuk, it was loud, crowded. I was really disappointed after all the hype.

We booked chef Mickey, now wondering if Cape mya would be a better idea...

Thoughts on those who have done both?

Cape May has better food and is a laid-back Character Experience.

Chef Mickey's is far more interactive and the Contemporary a bit louder since the Monorail passes overhead.

If it's about food - Cape May; if it's about fun with Characters - Chef Mickey.

We love to go to Chef Mickey's for the fun of it. However, my favorite is dinner at Cape May. All you can eat crab legs....need I saw more?:love::love::love:

We've done both. Cape May was laid back, quiet- but not too quiet for kids, and the character interaction was great.

Chef Mickey's was louder and the character interaction was mixed. Minnie happened to be wonderful our second time there.

Anyway, Chef Mickey's is good because it's the fab 5 and it's very Disney! Taking the monorail right in makes it easy and is great if you're heading to MK or Epcot. I feel like it should be done at least once.

We love Cape May for a slower morning when we're not in a rush to get to a park.

Love Cape May, but for dinner. It's a must, must do for my wife and I, AND the kids. We don't care about the character interaction.

Plus, the location of the Beach Club with the lagoon out back is just awesome.

Dan

We went to chef mickeys in May and are planning Cape May in April of 2015 because we didn't like the chef mickeys dinner buffet at all! We are also semi picky eaters haha! Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter