captain cooks vs roaring fork

maggie1

Mouseketeer
I am trying to decide between WL and Poly for the 1st week of a 2 week Disney vacation. I imagine we will want some quick and more inexpensive meals, and would love some opinions on which cafe offers better food! Thanks in advance!

Never been to WL, but have stayed at Poly several times. Captain Cooks is actually pretty good, offering burgers, pizza, pre-packaged fruit and cheese trays. You know, the usual Quickie Mart kinda stuff, but the quality is good. Plus you can take your food out by the pool or lagoon, or grab a table in the awesome Poly lobby and just relax.

When we stayed at WL in December 2002, we had only planned on having one or two meals at Roaring Forks. But we ended up eating there for 6 of our 7 nights! :eek: We found the food there to be really good for a quick, inexpensive meal. Because the parks closed early in December, we'd close down the parks then head to Roaring Forks for a quick bite.

Sorry I can't compare RF to Captain Cook's - we've never stayed at the Poly.

I've stayed at both, and the food quality and variety seem to be the same, IMO. I like the set up of Roaring Forks better, and if that was the TRULY only deciding factor, I'd stay at WL. I LOVE the WL, it's one of my favorite resorts, but the rooms are VERY small (about 100 sq ft smaller than Poly) and the convience of the monorail can't be beat at the Poly. It also depends on how many people you're traveling with. If it's you and only one other person, I'd pick the WL, since you can get a king at WL, and the size won't be too much of a problem then. If you're traveling with children, the Poly wins hands down, since there would be tons of space for everyone.

Thanks everyone...

jel0511 - great info - thank you. You are right and the restaurants are not by only basis for decision. I am having a real tought time deciding between Poly and WL. I do have a son, and he will be 5 when we go. I am trying to decide if monorail is really that much more convenient, and the quick serve was factoring into the decision as well. The Poly is going to cost an extra $900 )CDN dollars) for the seven nights, and I just cannot decide if it is worth it....

Weve only stayed at the Poly, not the WL, and as much as I love the Poly we found Cpt Cooks was the one disappointment there. Food quality was not very good(although I loved the chocolate chip muffins) and service was slow. With that said, I wouldnt not stay there again just because of that.

We liked RF a lot better than CC. Locationwise, we found Poly a lot more convinient than WL, but we were traveling with 4 and 2 year olds. With one 5 year old, you should do fine at WL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter