• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Captain Kidds?

tinafromidaho

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever been to this restaraunt? It looks to be right across harbor from disney or at least pretty close. How does it rate compared to other smorgasbord/ buffet type places. thanks

Hi,
Sorry I don't remeber where I read about it, but it didn't get good reviews. Check out mouseplanet.com, it might have been there. I think tripadvisor.com has restaurant reviews too.

It is very close, but I must warn you to stay away. I can't remember what it used to be called but it always got bad reviews so we never went. It changed to Capt'n Kidds, so we gave it a try, thinking maybe it was under new ownership. We were so tired, and just wanted to get some food, so we gave it a shot. We didn't do the buffet but ordered from the menu. It took 40 minutes for chicken nuggets and a club sandwich. Both of which were really bad. And during the wait, our drinks were not refilled and no silverware was brought to us until after the food arrived and after I had to get someone's attention to ask for it.

I would have been happier at IHOP right next door. Kids eat free everyday after 4pm, and I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes for food. I don't like IHOP anywhere else except Anaheim. But even better, is Mimi's down at the end of the block. Good food, big portions, lots of choices.

Sorry I can't help with any other buffet style places.

got2travel said:
It is very close, but I must warn you to stay away. I can't remember what it used to be called but it always got bad reviews so we never went. It changed to Capt'n Kidds, so we gave it a try, thinking maybe it was under new ownership.

I agree. Don't go if you value your family and health. We went because we wanted to try something new. Never again and you couldn't pay me to eat there. Food was just OK but the place was not clean - in fact it was dirty. The buffet was not kept nice either.

There is Mc Donalds, Mimi's, Tony Romas, Denny's and IHOP walking distance and those places are safe and clean.

I found a review and pics here
http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/menus/dl/CaptainKidds.shtml

I always have heard bad things about the place so never bothered checking it out.
I also have heard the IHOP is horribly over priced and someone had a major issue on being overbilled on their credit card.

We have been happy at the Denny's for breakfast foods (late at night it was kinda blah).
We ate at Millie's before and had a good experience- they really doted on our boys - very homey foods/atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter