Captian EO ~ Honey I shrunk....

I agree that the entire pavilion could use a refurb. I'm still sore about what they did to Figment. I don't hate EO, I saw it twice last October when I went but I highly doubt that I will be seeing it again next week unless my parents really want to check it out. I think I've heard that we won't be seeing HISTA ever again, which is okay with me since...we have 3D movies now, it would be nice if Disney just put something else in place of the 3D Theater.

I need to see Captain EO at least one more time before it's gone (super MJ girl here), but I agree that the whole pavilion needs to be revamped as it's so beautiful but so disappointing inside. If they brought back the original Imagination ride with maybe a few tweaks (not sure what they would be) that would be very cool.

If they brought back the original Imagination ride with maybe a few tweaks (not sure what they would be) that would be very cool.

That would make me very happy. We saw Figment twice last week and the whole ride I was just shaking my head over what they did to it.

I don't care if they keep or get rid of EO or HISTA but fix Figment!

I was so tired of HISTA - wasn't it there for 20 years or something?

I'm glad EO is back and very excited to see it again in December.

We love HISTA, but having never seen EO we are very excited to check it out in October.

It's new to our family so we're definitely going to see it!

I saw Captain Eo the other day and was suprised at how good it was. There were allot of Europeans in the crowd and they really got into it and cheered when Michael Jackson first appeared.

We were in Paris when MJ died. There were spontaneous tributes, all over. The world's largest moonwalk, was held at the Eiffel Tower. It reminded me of Elvis' death. Europeans :love: and appreciate Michael.

The entire pavilion needs a major re-do. From Captain Weirdo to Figment. Disney can do better than those two.

Exactly....if either show was anything more than a mediocre quality nostalgia piece (i.e. CoP or Tiki Room) it might be worth saving them, but it's time to do something new with the entire area.

I agree that the entire pavilion could use a refurb. I'm still sore about what they did to Figment. I don't hate EO, I saw it twice last October when I went but I highly doubt that I will be seeing it again next week unless my parents really want to check it out. I think I've heard that we won't be seeing HISTA ever again, which is okay with me since...we have 3D movies now, it would be nice if Disney just put something else in place of the 3D Theater.

Maybe they can somehow develop technology to do 3D without glasses. I've seen the commercials that they're doing that on some new cell phones now.

I've heard Disney are working on a reboot of the "Honey I Shrunk The Kids" movies, this was the reason the Oversized playarea hasn't been rebranded for A Bugs Life. If this is true then maybe they are waiting for the new movie to come out before changing the theatre to a new version of the HISTA

EO gave me hope, Disney would return Figment to it's original glory. Unfortunately, they are focused on "improving" **cough** other attractions.

EO gave me hope, Disney would return Figment to it's original glory. Unfortunately, they are focused on "improving" **cough** other attractions.

What other attractions? Since Captain EO was announced last year, here are the ones I can think of that have announced or had rehabs:

Star Tours - the new version is much better than the old
Goofy's Barnstormer
Dumbo
Tiki Room

Other than standard rehabs, what other attractions are they redoing? They recently redid some queue areas (pooh and HM), but not the attractions themselves.

The end of this month will be my first time seeing EO since I was a kid and I am honestly excited that its back. I don't remember much of what I saw originally, but I know how much I love and respect MJ as an artist, and that alone excites me enough to want to enjoy the attraction :woohoo:. Personally ... when the excitement of the passing of MJ does die down, they would be better to come up with something new instead of bringing back HISTA.

We saw Captain EO for the first time last Friday, and frankly wasn't impressed. The 80s nostalgia was neat to watch-but it seemed like Michael Jackson met Star Wars to create a really bad movie.

The theatre was about 10% full last Friday around 5:00.

What other attractions? Since Captain EO was announced last year, here are the ones I can think of that have announced or had rehabs:

Star Tours - the new version is much better than the old
Goofy's Barnstormer
Dumbo
Tiki Room

Other than standard rehabs, what other attractions are they redoing? They recently redid some queue areas (pooh and HM), but not the attractions themselves.

I am referring to the FL expansion.

The theatre was about 10% full last Friday around 5:00.
I wonder how that compares to crowds at similar times on days with similar crowd levels for HIStA? We haven't bothered with the latter in at least six years. Among Disney's similar 3D attractions, we consider PhilharMagic a must-do, Muppets almost as important, and ITtBaB a once-in-a-whiler. HIStA is a never.

Scott

I am referring to the FL expansion.

We never saw the original Figment show with the Dream Finder so I have no frame of reference. I do know that we don't like the current Figment ride. I do wish they would rehab that Pavilion overall as we hadn't visited HISTA in our last 5 or 6 visits. At least Captain EO was "new" to us on our last visit.

That said, even with three boys, we are looking forward to the FL expansion. I don't see how that can be viewed as not being an improvement. :confused3 There will be one new headliner attraction, one new coaster, doubling the capacity of a classic attraction and a new facelift to another smaller attraction that our kids love even as they have gotten older.

Glad to see that I wasn't the only one who doesn't understand the EO hate. I think that they won't keep it for too much longer. I do have a feeling something will be announced at the D23 Expo about the future of Figment/ that area.

I never thought HISTA was that good and that movie is now like 20+ years old. I LOVE Capt EO! Granted MJ is a bit retro as well, but he at least has enduring popularity. I'd be very happy if they kept EO for years to come.

Both Captain EO and HISTA are simply dated and very old. Time for something new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter