Captioning at Frozen Singalong

katygal

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me if there is captioning (either reflective, handheld, or otherwise) at the Frozen Singalong? I can't seem to find that information anywhere.

Thanks!!

There was captioning on the screen---in English. However, I was under the impression that the Frozen summer fun was over the end of September. Did They extend it?

There was captioning on the screen---in English. However, I was under the impression that the Frozen summer fun was over the end of September. Did They extend it?

Yes - I belive it was extended thru 2015.

While the lyrics for the songs are shown on the side screens, there is no captioning of any of the spoken parts of the performance. As Talking Hands already said, there are also interpreters for one show on Sunday and Wednesday. When I went in September, they were at the 7:00 show on those days.

Thanks everyone!

My dd16 (bilateral mild to moderately-severe sensorineural loss) wears hearing aids, reads lips, and uses captions. I think we'll request front-row seating so that she can read lips for the portions that are not captioned.

Peace!!

My daughter is hearing impaired, too. I've been reading through the threads trying to determine if we need to get a DAS to obtain front of room seating for shows - or do we just report her need to the CM at the entrance? (Sorry to hijack...)

Wenny said:
My daughter is hearing impaired, too. I've been reading through the threads trying to determine if we need to get a DAS to obtain front of room seating for shows - or do we just report her need to the CM at the entrance? (Sorry to hijack...)

The DAS will have no impact to get her front row seating. If that is what she needs, you simply need to tell the CMs at each attraction, the DAS pertains to waiting in lines, only.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thanks everyone!

My dd16 (bilateral mild to moderately-severe sensorineural loss) wears hearing aids, reads lips, and uses captions. I think we'll request front-row seating so that she can read lips for the portions that are not captioned.

Peace!!

The two narrators don't move about much so hopefully she will be able to lip read them. Just remember that lip reading is incredibly difficult and tiring and a lot of it depends on context and prior knowledge of the topic. Only 25-35 percent of English is readable from the lips. Spanish is so much easier. :) While I am a relatively good speech reader, I am thankful that I know ASL and can use that to support what I miss even with amplification.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter