Capt'n Jacks - Over rated

Mom of 3

Mouseketeer
We ate here out last night 9/16. Total cost $187 covered by free DDP. I would not eat here again. It was okay for a one off and all the adult meals and service was good but not really memorable.

DH had:
salad with ranch dressing
steak with lobster tail (I ate the lobster tail)
chocolate cake with icecream (nothing special - like a little chocolate bunt cake with chocolate sauce on top)

I had:
crab cakes - really good
sea food linguini (pasta dish) I shared this with DS6 and DS2
chocolate cake with ice cream

DS10 had:
crab cakes
twin lobster tails
cheese cake

DS6 had:
the kids meal which had a fruit cup as an appetizer
mac 'n' cheese (NASTY) I tried it it was yucky, to much cheese powder or something, and cold DS6 and DS2 wouldn't touch it - not sure how you can mess up mac'n'cheese
berry smoothie as dessert

I wasn't overly impressed with the food considering how much it cost. The best part of the meal was the crab cakes.

How were the lobster tails? Are the twin lobster tails included on the dining plan?

It's hard to imagine Captain Jack's being "overrated", given that it seems to get a lot of reviews of mediocre or worse. Where did you see it recommended?

Food and service at any restaurant is very much an individual situation. We had a very good meal here. Is truly any food worth the cost of what Disney charges, No. You pay for the experience.

We had good service, a lovely view and the food was good. We would go again. :thumbsup2

Yes, the twin lobster tails are included on the DDP. Yes, they were good.

I had read a couple of good reviews about Capt'n Jacks. Then again I read a lot of bad reviews for Corral Reef and I thought it was great - the best meal of the trip.

Still you can't beat free food. :thumbsup2

My dh enjoyed his lobster tail much more than his steak, and wished he'd gone for the twin lobster tails instead of the combo. And he knows lobster--he lived in NH for 3 years, and ate LOTS of Maine lobster during those 3 years!

Sammie said:
Is truly any food worth the cost of what Disney charges, No. You pay for the experience.

Our experience here (lunch-Labor Day) wasn't worth half of what we paid. They weren't crowded. We had the worst table in the house. Right next to the server's stations. The food was barely OK. My chicken sandwich still had the skin on it--fatty, skin. Yuck. It's never fun to have to pick apart your sandwich to remove greasy fatty skin.

We're not going back.

Wigit12 said:
Our experience here (lunch-Labor Day) wasn't worth half of what we paid. They weren't crowded. We had the worst table in the house. Right next to the server's stations. The food was barely OK. My chicken sandwich still had the skin on it--fatty, skin. Yuck. It's never fun to have to pick apart your sandwich to remove greasy fatty skin.

We're not going back.

Sorry your experience was not a good one. Ours was. We had the lobster, and crab cakes, and shrimp cocktail, salmon, and key lime pie and cheese cake. All our food was extremely good, fresh and the service was the best we had our entire trip. We were seated near the window facing the Empress Lilly and could watch the fireworks at Epcot and MGM. It was great. We did go for dinner and not during free dining, might have made a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter