Capture Your Moment Planning

Princess_K

DIS Veteran
We have a Capture Your Moment session booked at Magic Kingdom and Epcot on our upcoming trip. Because I‘m such a planner, I was curious if there are specific routes or areas you pick from in MK, and if anyone had any experience with the new locations offered in Epcot. Thanks!

I heard in Epcot you get to pick from Italy, Japan and America but curious if this was everyone’s experience as we booked in May.

Our MK one had some really cool nooks on Main Street I had never seen and an absolutely killer spot to get the castle angle. You start so far back, at the Mickey photo op, that you really are stuck near Main Street.

There's no time to get your clothes/props/makeup together. You need to be photoready when the clock starts ticking. Even messing with putting your bags somewhere wastes time. If you don't have a stroller, I'd bring a big bag to throw everyone's stuff in so you can get it out of the way instead of doing it every time the photographer moves.

We did it last Tuesday morning and they asked us what we had in mind and if there was anyplace special we wanted. I told them the archway by the castle and up the ramp near the castle and they said ok. they stopped at that grassy area on the way to the castle, and that is where we got my favorite photos so I'm glad he suggested it.

You can tell your photographer any characters or themes you are especially interested in and they will have suggestions of great spots. Like I have a cat named after Gus so the photographer found all locations with Gus. I'm also an over planner, and by best advice is to not over plan this. They will have suggestions and monitor the time. My over-planning left me somewhat disappointed in the experience. Focus your energy into planning your outfit.

We did AK & MK last year. Photographer did ask if we had any specific places in mind, so try to think of locations ahead of time. Your session will go by very fast, and you need to take the time to walk to the different locations.

As a PP recommended, be ready to go (makeup, ears, props, etc.) when your time slot starts. Plan your attire ahead of time. (DD was celebrating her graduation so we had Graduation ears & a graduation t-shirt, but also a change of ears & t-shirt ready to go.) Also, if possible, think of the time of day you are picking (summer has the afternoon rain & the heat of the day or nap times for younger children)

For AK we let him pick the best locations & the pics were wonderful. Some on the path near the tree of life. Really beautiful shots.

For MK - our only request was Castle shots, the rest we left to him. Again, perfect pictures - some in the ally on Main Street, others near the Castle. Thankfully I was able to book at pre-park time slot, so the Castle shots, we were on the pathway & under the 50th sign with no one around. The photographer was EXCELLENT!! (And happened to be the same for both days. )

Looking forward to reading about anyone who has sessions at Epcot!

Glad to hear this about AK - I couldn't get a MK reservation so AK was my back up.

I got an AK on my last trip, because I couldn't get MK. In photo quality, it was far superior because we weren't fighting crowds of people. There was more time to set it up and get exactly the shot she wanted. The Tree of Life is a beautiful background. I had never even seen the paths around it where we took the photos. It doesn't scream DISNEY like a castle. It could have been shot at any park for a lot of the shots. But it was an excellent photo shoot, at least at the old pricing...

I would imagine Epcot could allow better quality as well, because there are so many place to get a good shot instead of the masses of humanity around the castle.

Has anyone done theirs at Hollywood Studios? I booked a session for us there based on the photo on the website in the TOT garden area. That’s really the only area I am interested in based on our time of 10:45 am and that there will be others in the park making the session less special if others are in the photos in other park locations listed.

What's the earliest time they schedule at MK? Does it vary by opening time?

Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone else has had experience with Epcot locations? My daughter is inclined to choose Morocco, but I feel like we might get better pictures in either Japan or Italy. I would appreciate it if anyone could share their Epcot experience!

Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone else has had experience with Epcot locations? My daughter is inclined to choose Morocco, but I feel like we might get better pictures in either Japan or Italy. I would appreciate it if anyone could share their Epcot experience!
We ended up choosing Italy for our CYM at Epcot, and I think the pictures turned out great. We have a lot of really pretty backgrounds in our shots. We were initially thinking of American Adventure just because it was such a long walk to get there for check-in and we were already hot and sweaty in our nice outfits, but I'm glad we went next door to Italy. I'd recommend getting there a little bit early so you have some time to cool down.

This summer DD16 picked Italy as her first choice. This was a photo session to celebrate her Sweet 16. Time slot was around 1:00 pm & it was HOT! The shaded locations in Italy are few and far between. The photographer was great & did take some wonderful pictures in Italy. Then, she suggested to switch to Japan (more shaded areas) and DD agreed. The Japan pictures are outstanding! Mostly taken in the garden areas near the pond, there was ample shade and no one in the background. Have a wonderful trip!

I didn't realize Capture Your Moment was getting so expensive. Looking back at the prices from earlier this year vs. today
$50 - booked in January 2022 for a March 2022 trip
$79 - booked in August 2022 for an October 2022 trip
$99 - current price in November 2022

We're fortunate that we've done a session in all 4 parks now, and don't necessarily need to do it again.

DH surprised my with this at AK. The photographer asked us what we’d like and we just said whatever you think would work well. He and his trainee were awesome!!! He quickly brought us through a ton of absolutely gorgeous nooks and crannies in AK. Where trees were blossoming, sitting on rocks, of course the tree of life.

I’ll take a look at our pics and post again later. I’m not thrilled about how expensive going to WDW has become but this definitely felt worth it. The photographer went above and beyond and was very skilled with portrait angles that helped us not look as old and tired as we really are, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter