Car rental at Aulani

luvmychaos

Mouseketeer
Hi :smooth:

I am in the process of (pre)planning our 1st trip to Aulani(and 1st DVC trip EVER)in September(2 BD villa,7 people)and I was hoping some of the Disboard gurus can help me :worship:

When I was looking on Aulani’s actual website, I could add a car on if I was booking an actual reservation through them. It was LOADS cheaper than any of the other car sites I’ve looked at. Is it possible to book a car through them? After I make our DVC reservation, can I call the Alamo there and make a reservation? Or is it something that’s just for non-DVC peeps? Or is it just something you can add once you’re there?

TIA!!! :daisy:

Good questions,

Glad you asked!!! I am doing the same as you. In my research, I found it less renting from the airport than at the resort. I’m thinking it’s because, some may only rent by the day to avoid paying parking at near $40 a day. However, I read that DVC get free parking. Knowing that, I will need transportation to the resort and back to the airport, and we will tour the island on our own due to not wanting to be on someone’s time schedule, not feel rushed or ready to go. The cost of some of the rentals offset those tours of the island. I’m sure you can reserve after booking. Alamo’s website would let you reserve from what I could see. When I checked both locations at the airport and Aulani. It seemed that at Aulani’s location was more. I’m sure again, it’s because most book by day to avoid paying for parking. It may also be cheaper renting by the week. As of now, I’m leaning towards the airport. I would love to hear more from others also who have used car rental and their experience.

Thanks

Car rentals through Costco or Discount Hawaii Car Rental are the cheapest I have found.
Thank you! It was weird, if I was booking totally through Aulani as though I wasn’t DVC, a minivan was like $250 for the week! I checked all the majors and nothing came close to that price! I’ll keep an eye out though!

:scared:
Good questions,

Glad you asked!!! I am doing the same as you. In my research, I found it less renting from the airport than at the resort. I’m thinking it’s because, some may only rent by the day to avoid paying parking at near $40 a day. However, I read that DVC get free parking. Knowing that, I will need transportation to the resort and back to the airport, and we will tour the island on our own due to not wanting to be on someone’s time schedule, not feel rushed or ready to go. The cost of some of the rentals offset those tours of the island. I’m sure you can reserve after booking. Alamo’s website would let you reserve from what I could see. When I checked both locations at the airport and Aulani. It seemed that at Aulani’s location was more. I’m sure again, it’s because most book by day to avoid paying for parking. It may also be cheaper renting by the week. As of now, I’m leaning towards the airport. I would love to hear more from others also who have used car rental and their experience.

Thanks
Phew! I’m glad I wasn’t alone in this query

Does anyone know for sure if parking is free through DVC? Booking through the resort comes with a pretty hefty daily fee.

I was able to rent a car through Alamo and use my Alamo discount. The pickup location is the resort. However, I am only renting a car one day while there.

Does anyone know for sure if parking is free through DVC?

Yes it is. We were there in November with friends who were DVC members and the parking was free. Our friends mentioned it specifically because they were telling us the price of parking for the day which I thought was insane.

Does the free parking for DVC apply if you have rented points and are not an actual DVC member?

Does the free parking for DVC apply if you have rented points and are not an actual DVC member?

Yes. We are non DVC members and rented twice now. Both times our parking was included because it was technically a DVC stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter