Car rental - full size or minivan?

Sazuburns

Mouseketeer
We are going to WDW as a family of 5 for the first time this year. We will have quite a but of luggage, plus an ECV (fairly compact but it still takes up room) and a pushchair (again, a compact one but it still needs to be stashed in the boot).

Are we likely to get everything in a full size boot, or are we better off going for a minivan?

Thanks
Sarah

I would think that you would actually be better off with a full size van with that many people and things to carry. I don't think a mini-van would be big enough. I would look into a 7 passenger van at the least, maybe a 10 or 15 to be big enough for the equipment. We own a 7 passenger van and I know that my ECV (small travel size one) takes up the whole back area of the van. With the luggage and the wheelchair, along with 5 passengers, I think you are going to need more space.

I agree with PP. We are a family of 5 and I own a minivan. If we all go to the grocery store it is a tight fit with all the food and people. We have done a few over night trips with only one or two bags. There would be no way for your to fit all that stuff and people in my van ( Toyota Sienna ). I would opt for a full size van.

Thanks for the replies. Having considered them, I think we might book the Magical Express for travel to and from the airport, and hire a minivan for the rest of the trip.

Thanks for the replies. Having considered them, I think we might book the Magical Express for travel to and from the airport, and hire a minivan for the rest of the trip.

That sounds like a good idea. ME will be able to handle the amount of luggage you have better than a mini van.

It will be easiest I think for you, especially since you can arrange for the car company (Alamo and National do this I know. Others probably do to) to come and pick you up at your resort to take you to the rental place and then when you return the vehicle they will give you a ride back to where you need to go. We are doing this on our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter