• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

car rental question

dtripli

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone

We are planning to stay at one of the moderate resorts this trip (haven't decided which one yet) and want to rent a car for one day to get to universal. Was wondering what the best/most economical way to do this would be. We would want it by 7am to make sure we get to universal well before they open since we will just have the one day there. We would stay until closing. Is there a car rental company that will bring us the car and pick it up?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Many will pick you up and take you to the rental location, but unaware of any that will bring the car to you. Also, most nearby rental agencies have limited hours, so you likely can't get a car before seven.
Google car rental lake buena vista fl and compare prices and operating hours

You could also do a 24 hour rental with Alamo or National. The are very close, and will pick you up before closing, then 24 hours later you return and they bring you back to the resort. You may have to do 2 days, to get the most out of your day at Universal, but then you'd have an extra day to possibly do some shopping or another activity. Another option is to use a shuttle service such as MEARS, I think you can even check their price online.

Many will pick you up and take you to the rental location, but unaware of any that will bring the car to you. Also, most nearby rental agencies have limited hours, so you likely can't get a car before seven.
Google car rental lake buena vista fl and compare prices and operating hours

Thank you I'll check it out

You could also do a 24 hour rental with Alamo or National. The are very close, and will pick you up before closing, then 24 hours later you return and they bring you back to the resort. You may have to do 2 days, to get the most out of your day at Universal, but then you'd have an extra day to possibly do some shopping or another activity. Another option is to use a shuttle service such as MEARS, I think you can even check their price online.

Thanks for the ideas....I think I will check out a 2 day rental with Alamo and try Mears as well...:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter