• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

car rental

zonk__39

Earning My Ears
Where can I rent a car at the airport? I want to rent a car in October. But,I want to rent from a place located at Orlando Airport. I want to get a good rate on a midsized car. What kind of deals can I get and what rental companies are located at the airport? I am staying at Comfort Suites Maingate East.

Not all of the companies have locations right in the airport, so if that's important to you check it out. I know that National and Dollar are both on site and there are others. Mary has a nice description on her website at mousesavers.com.

If you try Dollar, do the ENTERTAIN code. That got me a great rate for an intermediate car for late Sept/early Oct.

Good luck.

edited to remove a link to a commercial site!

Dollar, National & Avis are at the airport. Try the code entertain for dollar. Seems everyone is coming up with good rares with that. If you belong to Costco, Sams or BJs trying using their coupons and codes. That always works for me.

Thank you!!!! I entered the ENTERTAIN code for Dollar and got a great rate. It was much better than my BJ's club rate. Do I need any documentation with the ENTERTAIN rate?

Thanks

The best thing to do is print out your reservation any time you make one online. And or print out your e-mail conformation from Dollar. Whether you use a code, coupon, whatever, I think that if you have your reservation in hand they really have no choice but to try and fill it. Dollar will usually upgrade if they run out of a certain type car. Nothing else is needed but your driver's license.

RobinLyn:)

You might also try one of the following codes for Dollar: FISH, FVG, MCC. I'm there Oct. 19-25 and actually got a minivan for $20 cheaper with the FISH code than the ENTERTAIN code. Doesn't work for everyone, it depends on the dates (I think!).

I tried the ENTERTAIN code for Thanksgiving week and it came up more expensive than no code at all. The FISH code was much better beating ENTERTAIN by $70.00 for a 4 day rental. LEADS,MCC were also very good codes. (Thanks mousesaver.com!)

Do the car rental agencies charge your credit card when you make the reservation? Is the rental refundable if your vacation is cancelled?? Thanks for your help!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Most rental car companies do not charge your credit card until your rental, not your reservation. You can change or cancel your reservation before (I think it's 24 hours notice) with no cancellation charge, etc.

To be safe, you should read the terms and conditions.

I've had good experiences with National, Dollar, and Budget in the past on just those questions.

Thanks for the info Sandi. Looked up some great rates with Dollar. I have an Avis preferred card. Wondering if Dollar has such a thing? I'm sure their website will have something on it. Thanks agains. . .. Kathy:D

Fastlane is Dollar's equivalent to the preferred traveler. No waiting at counter just go to pickup and get car. Free sign up at their site.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter