Car rental

Anne745

Earning My Ears
Wondering if anyone has a coupon code or contract ID for discounts on Alamo for August 2023. Thanks so much

I've noticed Alamo prices drop within a few weeks before my past Aulani, WDW, and DL vacations, so I always book early to have a reservation and then cancel when the rates go down.

If you are wanting to book at the car rental counter at Aulani, it is now an Enterprise.

If you are a Costco member, they have good discounts on rental cars with no deposit necessary.

If you are a Costco member, they have good discounts on rental cars with no deposit necessary.
We always use Costco because they often have the best deals and the second driver is free.

We used them last week for our vacation in Savannah/Hilton Head. I kept checking rates and it seemed like as we got closer to our vacation date, the prices went down. I think I booked and rebooked 5 times in the last 6 weeks. Two days before we left, we not only upgraded to a larger SUV, which we needed for the all the guys' golf clubs, but the price was almost $200 cheaper than when I started with a small SUV on the original booking in January.

Our friends are in Kauai and then going to the Big Island later this week and they have found the same with the prices with Costco. He rebooked his Big Island car today and texted DH to say how crazy the prices are compared to 2021 when we all went.

I use AutoSlash to track a car rental reservation, and they ALWAYS beat Costco's price. They'll e-mail you when the rates drop, and you can specify which companies (and if you want a pay-at-counter rate, which you do) they track. More often than not they find those rates through Priceline.

My secret trick: Get Hertz President's Club membership. Book the lowest price you can with Hertz through AutoSlash, regardless of car class. Hertz President's Club lets you choose any car from their President's Club section, and they always have a good variety of car types. I've gotten Mercedes, Teslas, and Small SUVs (my preference), for the price of a booked sub-compact.

Have you thought about the option of Turo?
Get a Tesla with full self drive

Hoping I can maybe hi-jack this thread vs a starting a new one? My question involves Costco car rental. I currently have a car rental with Budget directly and also another one with Budget but through Costco (for $100 less approx). Is the ease of picking up and dropping off the car any different at the HI airport if you go through Costco? I know with Budget (I'm a Fastbreak Rewards Member), I usually just bypass the counter and walk into the garage and choose my car. Does going through Costco change this process in any way??
Thanks!

Hoping I can maybe hi-jack this thread vs a starting a new one? My question involves Costco car rental. I currently have a car rental with Budget directly and also another one with Budget but through Costco (for $100 less approx). Is the ease of picking up and dropping off the car any different at the HI airport if you go through Costco? I know with Budget (I'm a Fastbreak Rewards Member), I usually just bypass the counter and walk into the garage and choose my car. Does going through Costco change this process in any way??
Thanks!
It's exactly the same IF your Budget number is on the reservation. There should've been a field on the Costco form to enter your number. It's easy to check, by logging into your Budget account on their site. If it's not, try adding it to your reservations using your Budget confirmation number (not the Costco reservation number). If that doesn't work, give Budget a call and they can (most likely) add it for you so it's linked to your FastBreak account. You'll be able to skip the counter.

It's exactly the same IF your Budget number is on the reservation. There should've been a field on the Costco form to enter your number. It's easy to check, by logging into your Budget account on their site. If it's not, try adding it to your reservations using your Budget confirmation number (not the Costco reservation number). If that doesn't work, give Budget a call and they can (most likely) add it for you so it's linked to your FastBreak account. You'll be able to skip the counter.
Thank you gmi3804!

I am too lazy to call. If the price is still the same, I would just cancel and rebook making sure to enter the FastBreak # during the booking at Costco if you missed doing so the first time.

If price has gone up since the booking, than yeah, you would need to call to add in your Budget Fastbreak number to your Costco booking. Once your Fastbreak Account # is associated to the reservation (this is the key), everything works the same as you are used to.

Great3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter