Car rentals for August 2023

kandb

DIS Veteran
I guess not as many people rent cars while staying at disney anymore. In the past there would be a car rental post for every upcoming month. We are going to need a rental car from 8/14 thru 8/21. In the past we would book thru autoslash. I checked recently and prices are still really high. If the prices stay this high, we will book thru Means or Sunshine express. We are Costco members but I never found their prices that cheap. Anyone else renting for an August trip?

I guess not as many people rent cars while staying at disney anymore. In the past there would be a car rental post for every upcoming month. We are going to need a rental car from 8/14 thru 8/21. In the past we would book thru autoslash. I checked recently and prices are still really high. If the prices stay this high, we will book thru Means or Sunshine express. We are Costco members but I never found their prices that cheap. Anyone else renting for an August trip?
We have always rented for our August trips. However, this will be the third year in a row where we will book Mears since the rental prices are over $600 right now and I don’t really expect them to come down much. I do keep checking though. :crazy2:

Just booked through Priceline via Autoslash. A mid size 8/8-8/16 with Hertz for $442. It was the best I had seen, everything has been $600.
Last year in August I paid $424 for a 7 day rental, a little later in August. I thought that was a good deal last year. I went through Undercover Tourist, as they had the best prices and I needed tickets. This year, I didn't find that good of a price.
I still need tickets, so I'll keep checking. But I'm thinking this is the best it's gonna get.

Just booked through Priceline via Autoslash. A mid size 8/8-8/16 with Hertz for $442. It was the best I had seen, everything has been $600.
Last year in August I paid $424 for a 7 day rental, a little later in August. I thought that was a good deal last year. I went through Undercover Tourist, as they had the best prices and I needed tickets. This year, I didn't find that good of a price.
I still need tickets, so I'll keep checking. But I'm thinking this is the best it's gonna get.
Have Autoslash track it. I bet it comes down under $400. I was at $450 until September for an October trip, in the last three weeks it came down $90.

Yep, prices are high for our trip 25-31. I’ve got us booked for arrival day and departure day for less than $200. We are a party of 5 and need a grocery stop for our DVC room.

Yep, prices are high for our trip 25-31. I’ve got us booked for arrival day and departure day for less than $200. We are a party of 5 and need a grocery stop for our DVC room.
Where do you drop the car off when you arrive at disney?

Our arrival day rental for the first 24 hours of our stay dropped to $68 with Budget. We have a party of 5 so that’s cheaper than the Uber XL from our last trip.

I am looking for a car for Aug. 5-11 from MCO airport. It is just so crazy the prices right now. Does anyone have any discount codes for anywhere?

Does anyone have any discount codes for any rental car compaines? And I'm wondering
how well that easirent company is. I get nervous going with a company that isn't well know.

How did you get such a good price? Through which agency?
I haven't gotten a good price yet. I did get a great price for us on a return from disney to MCO, for a little over $50 for 24 hours, however, I have a car booked for 24 hrs for MCO to 1000 car care center for $122. For some reason, it's alot cheaper for 1000 care center to MCO then the opposite. Try autoslash.com and try them daily for new rates. GL!

I haven't gotten a good price yet. I did get a great price for us on a return from disney to MCO, for a little over $50 for 24 hours, however, I have a car booked for 24 hrs for MCO to 1000 car care center for $122. For some reason, it's alot cheaper for 1000 care center to MCO then the opposite. Try autoslash.com and try them daily for new rates. GL!
Not having to pay all of the taxes and fees associated with rentals starting at the airport can make a very big difference. There are some people that will Uber to an off airport location to rent to save on those fees.

Not having to pay all of the taxes and fees associated with rentals starting at the airport can make a very big difference. There are some people that will Uber to an off airport location to rent to save on those fees.
Wow, I had no idea! Thanks for letting me know! They get you one way or another!

I just booked for my August trip (8/23-8/26) using my corporate account on Avis and it was $245.59 for a mid-size. Checked carrentalsavers and nothing was cheaper. Tracking with autoslash and hoping for a price drop before the trip.

Not specifically WDW/MCO, but car rental prices have been really high. I guess the different travel industries are trying to make up for the losses they sustained the last few years.

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter