• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car rentals for August 2023

Those that have reservations with Budget be aware, the situation at MCO is not good at all. If your flight is early in the day you might be ok but make sure you sign up for Fastbreak.

I have seen the rates on rentals drop twice today for our dates in August. Fingers crossed they keep going down.

For those that have used Autoslash - the only good prices that they have found me is with unknown rental car places off site (WheeGo for one) has anyone ever got Autoslash to get you a better price using an airport rental car location?

For those that have used Autoslash - the only good prices that they have found me is with unknown rental car places off site (WheeGo for one) has anyone ever got Autoslash to get you a better price using an airport rental car location?
All the time. I've started my last 4 Orlando trips at about $700/wk and gotten them all below $300 by the time I left. When you get that first email with a lower rate, there is a link to change settings for that alert. I set mine to the 10 companies with vehicles on site.

Yeah, best I have so for middle week in August, is Alamo via Costco, for $409 for a Premium car, $ 414 for a compact SUV. Hoping to see even lower. Both were starting at close to 500 when I first started two months ago.when confirmed air and hotel. Had it down to $445 for the premium and $440 for the suv before looking today and getting those lower rates, dropped a good amount, and cancelled the other reservations.

I’m still torn. I like having an suv, but does anyone know what cars are on the Alamo premium aisle?

But have almost 7 weeks to see it go down, and have no problem to keep rinsing and repeating to get the lowest rate I can before I leave.

On a positive note, my two weeks at end of September I have a compact suv at $687, as booked today via Costco for Alamo, from $771, I had before a couple of weeks ago. Have even longer to see if I can rinse and repeat for a lower price.

Oh and Jeffrey, tried the code you posted and get invalid too. Says to call.

Eh, I’ll go back to keep checking using Costco. When I am ready, Costco always gives me the Alamo number of the reservation, I then load it onto my Alamo account, as then can fill out and go right to garage.

Though intesting thing with Alamo, usually I am charged at the end, when I drop off the car. In May, when we got the car, they charged and receipted me. On drop off, they don’t receipt you there. They email a confirming receipt later that day. That was different than when we rented in January.

Has anyone been able to find rates that beat Costco?

LAX
www.autoslash.com will check Costco rates and all other publicly available rates. In my last 10 rentals I've checked the box for Costco and only once has the Costco rate been the cheapest for one of the 10 companies with cars on site at MCO.

www.autoslash.com will check Costco rates and all other publicly available rates. In my last 10 rentals I've checked the box for Costco and only once has the Costco rate been the cheapest for one of the 10 companies with cars on site at MCO.
Slight veer off topic. I will be renting at the Milwaukee airport in August. Don't suppose you have any thoughts on Enterprise at MKE? They are the cheapest right now.

Slight veer off topic. I will be renting at the Milwaukee airport in August. Don't suppose you have any thoughts on Enterprise at MKE? They are the cheapest right now.
I've never rented a car at MKE. In general I rank Enterprise as the top of the second tier companies. My last trip to MCO was with Enterprise and they adopted a choose your own vehicle program like National does. I don't know if MKE has that or not.

I've never rented a car at MKE. In general I rank Enterprise as the top of the second tier companies. My last trip to MCO was with Enterprise and they adopted a choose your own vehicle program like National does. I don't know if MKE has that or not.
Thanks. I have only used Enterprise from neighborhood locations a few times, never from an airport.

Interesting. Do they offer "pay later" rates that are lower than Costco?

LAX

How does the Autoslash work. We have a Hertz rental for a SUV for $511 total for 8 days, I'm hoping that's good. It's thru Priceline. Do we pay Priceline, do we pay Hertz, or do we pay Autoslash? And how and when do we pay?
One last question, we originally made the reservation with pick up at 12:30pm, but our flight only lands at 12:10, I doubt we will make it to the Hertz by 12:30pm, is that going to be a problem? Will they still hold and honor our reservation if say we don't get there until 1 or 1:30pm?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter