Car Seat choices in Walmart, Target on Saturday Night?

eddyeddy

Earning My Ears
We are arriving on Saturday 8:30pm (Me, wife, 5yo daughter, 2yo son) staying on Disney Property.

They're gonna take Magic Express from MCO to Art of Animation while I'm gonna get the car from Alamo.

We didn't opt for the car seats from rental Company choosing to buy our own. That's why I'm asking for best option.

On Sunday we want to go to Universal so the car will be used and we need 2 car seats. If I go on a search in Walmart or Target Superstores on a Saturday Night will I have good or decent options to choose? I'm looking for Cosco Scenera Next for my boy and maybe Evenflo Maestro for my daughter.

The other possibility is to buy online (Amazon, Toys R Us, Walmart) and deliver the seats on AoA prior to our arrival. But I don't know if it's gonna be ready to on resort check in desk.

I don't think I can opt for buy online and pickup in store for Walmart because afaik it's only available from 8am to 8pm.

We are arriving on Saturday 8:30pm (Me, wife, 5yo daughter, 2yo son) staying on Disney Property.

They're gonna take Magic Express from MCO to Art of Animation while I'm gonna get the car from Alamo.

We didn't opt for the car seats from rental Company choosing to buy our own. That's why I'm asking for best option.

On Sunday we want to go to Universal so the car will be used and we need 2 car seats. If I go on a search in Walmart or Target Superstores on a Saturday Night will I have good or decent options to choose? I'm looking for Cosco Scenera Next for my boy and maybe Evenflo Maestro for my daughter.

The other possibility is to buy online (Amazon, Toys R Us, Walmart) and deliver the seats on AoA prior to our arrival. But I don't know if it's gonna be ready to on resort check in desk.

I don't think I can opt for buy online and pickup in store for Walmart because afaik it's only available from 8am to 8pm.
In addition to Amazon Prime Walmart now offers 2 day shipping on many items. You may also want to consider bringing a seat on the plane for your 2 yr old and packing a backless booster in a carry on bag for your 5 yr old. This way you can all go from the airport together and you won't need to be doing late night shopping upon your arrival. We did this when our children were about those ages and it worked out very well.

My kids are much older now but when we used to fly with them when they were little we brought their seats in car seat bags and they weren't considered luggage we had to pay for. It was so nice, we packed a lot of stuff in there with them ;) and then they had their seats as soon as we were there.

When my kids were still in car seats, bought car seats (Scenera and Maestro) to use for travel. We bought them at our local Babies R Us and used them on the plane and then installed them in the rental car. We also bought car seat travel bags that had a shoulder strap to make carrying them through the airport easier.

I would also recommend considering bringing your carseats from home on the plane. Even if you don't use them while they are riding on the plane, you can gate check them for free. It is nice because your kids will be familiar with the seats and be more comfortable and you know how to install them already. As an added bonus you can just start enjoying vacation when you get there versus running around worrying if they have the right kind or color of a carseat that you need. Plus what would you do with the seats when vacation is over?

If you did decide to still purchase them, you could order online for pick up in store. Usually it will tell you if it is available for pick up immediately or in a few days before you checkout. I would also be a fan of amazon priming them the hotel.

I would suggest using car seats to use on the plane. The lap belt will not fit a 2 year old properly, and may cause internal damage in the case of severe turbulence, etc. You can use a seat on the plane for the 5 year old in order to ensure the seat arrives safely at your destination. The current Transport Canada circular recommends child restraints on air craft for children under 7 or under 49": https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviat...vices-referencecentre-acs-600-605-003-493.htm

We also bring ours in car seat bags and check them whenever we travel and rent a car. You do not have to pay for them as someone above also mentioned and you will know how to install them already.

If you really want to go the route of buying a car seat, what you can do is attempt to do (at least at Walmart, not sure about Target) is pretend like you are going to do the pickup at store. If it says Free Pickup Today, that means they have the car seat readily in stock in the store and you know there *should* be one there for you to buy when you arrive that night (barring they don't sell out prior to you getting there).

All good advice above. I would also strongly recommend bringing your own car seats. At those ages, we checked one car seat bag (for free, of course) that contained both the 5yo's booster and the 2 yo's car seat, so we only had to carry one extra bag through the airports. Our 5 yo was about 45 inches at the time, and this was his first time using a backless booster - he loved it, and we stuck with the backless booster when we returned home. Particularly for the 2yo, it was comforting to have his familiar car seat from home, rather than something new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter