Car service to Disneyland from La Jolla?

JRatManda

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

I did try and do a search, but didn't see this exact question....apologies if I missed it!

We are staying in La Jolla week of March 12th and will be going to Disneyland on March 16th, it will be our first visit!
Does anyone know of a car service that would take us to Disneyland early in the AM - want to be there for rope drop - as well as bring us back to La Jolla that same evening?
Really trying to avoid renting a car and driving ourselves if at all possible since we just aren't familiar with the drive / area .....thanks for any tips or even thoughts on what to avoid!

Hi everyone,

I did try and do a search, but didn't see this exact question....apologies if I missed it!

We are staying in La Jolla week of March 12th and will be going to Disneyland on March 16th, it will be our first visit!
Does anyone know of a car service that would take us to Disneyland early in the AM - want to be there for rope drop - as well as bring us back to La Jolla that same evening?
Really trying to avoid renting a car and driving ourselves if at all possible since we just aren't familiar with the drive / area .....thanks for any tips or even thoughts on what to avoid!

Good luck with that. You realize you'd need to leave LA Jolla by like 5:30am to make rope drop?

Rent a car for the day. It will be cheaper than any car service. It is the easiest drive in the world. Get on I-5 North and drive 90 miles. Exit at Harbor Blvd and turn right, then left at Ball Road. Follow the signs for Disneyland Parking.

A service will run you a couple hundred dollars each way and depending on how they operate will charge you to wait around (if they don’t operate in the OC area). If you are dead set on a car service look for one that does airport and cruise transfers, since they will have drivers in both areas and will likely charge a little less since they will likely have drivers in both areas.

Rideshare will be a little cheaper but probably $300 round trip and difficult to get a driver to accept the ride.

There are quite a few companies around who will do this, it's just a case of searching around online.

Hi everyone,

That's quite a distance! I recommend you just rent the car.

I echo the rent a car. Getting there for rope drop will be brutal regardless. You may want to get an inexpensive hotel on harbor for the night before so you can drive up the day/evening prior and hit the parks bright eyed in the morning. Park Vue inn is right across the street and includes all day parking for your departure day. For the cost of the hotel + rental car you will likely save money vs a service (if you can find one.)

EDIT: as others have noted, it is a *very* easy drive. Straight up the 5.

Could take the train but you won't have any flexibility on schedule. Just checked, if you get on the first trail you'll arrive a little after 8a (Anaheim - quick Uber from the station). Getting back would be another story - they don't run real late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter