Car services with car seats

pixiedust33

Mouseketeer
Apologies if this should be in the transportation forum, but since my question is car seat specific, I thought the people in the family forum might have the most experience. Based on rates and what I've seen so far, I am looking into Tiffany Towncar or FL Tours for round trip airport transportation for our March trip. FL tours seems to offer either a car seat or booster and Tiffany Towncar only lists a booster option, but in a note says you should write in whether you need rear facing, front facing or a booster. Our son is a tall 2.5, still rear facing at home but just barely fits, so I think we're comfortable with either front or rear facing for March but NOT just a booster. Does anyone have a good experience with car seats with either of these companies? Or another service? I've heard horror stories from friends of car seats that were visibly damaged or expired from rental car companies and trying to avoid that.

ETA: we have booked cast and crew transportation and they provide both rear facing Graco car seats and Baby Jogger Citiy Mini GT stroller rentals. Happy to report back with a review after our trip!

Last edited:
Honestly I've never looked too closely at the car seats. We used happy limo and requested a forward facing car seat in both 2022 and 2023. I don't remember the seats being problematic. On the booking form it asks what type of car seat you need and you select from a dropdown box.

The other option is Mears Connect if you're staying on site, then you don't need to worry about the car seats.

Just for the record since you weren't going to choose that option anyway, but the law in in Florida is that you can't use a booster seat until the child is 4 anyway.

Just for the record since you weren't going to choose that option anyway, but the law in in Florida is that you can't use a booster seat until the child is 4 anyway.
Yes, definitely not! I'm not even totally comfortable with a forward facing car seat for him. But I've seen a few services where a booster seems to be the only option and I mentioned it here because I'm slightly nervous that's what will show up with Tiffany Towncar because that's the only option they have "officially" listed even though the pop-up note on their site does suggest they have other options for younger kids. I suppose I will just try to call them both and see what they can tell me about their seats.

We have used FL tours and they had a Cosco car seat for our 2 year old. I didn’t check if it was expired but it was clean and I think my husband installed it or at least checked it after it was installed. Our car was a Suburban and when he picked us up he pulled it out of the back and installed it then. Looked like he also had a booster available so maybe we could choose what we wanted to use?

We have used Mears private towncars/SUVs on our last 2 trips with car seats for DD, now 4 and a half, and have had great experiences. So much so that when we take a cruise out of Port Canaveral later this summer we are using them again to get from MCO to our hotel and then from the cruise terminal back to MCO.

Besides that, it's expensive but the Minnie Vans from Disney, booked through Lyft, are outstanding. We have only ever taken them around on property but they are very cutely themed and DD loves the vehicles themselves because of the wrap job, plus the cartoons shown on the in car entertainment systems, and I believe they all have up to 2 car seats available.

We have used Mears private towncars/SUVs on our last 2 trips with car seats for DD, now 4 and a half, and have had great experiences. So much so that when we take a cruise out of Port Canaveral later this summer we are using them again to get from MCO to our hotel and then from the cruise terminal back to MCO.

Besides that, it's expensive but the Minnie Vans from Disney, booked through Lyft, are outstanding. We have only ever taken them around on property but they are very cutely themed and DD loves the vehicles themselves because of the wrap job, plus the cartoons shown on the in car entertainment systems, and I believe they all have up to 2 car seats available.
Just to note, you have to be staying Club Level in order to take a Minnie Van to/from the airport.

We have used happy limo before and our youngest was 2 at the time and was in a car seat and our oldest was 4 and was in a booster. It all worked out well.

We did MEARS connect and it went well since our baby was able to sit on our lap and she likes that better than car seats anyway haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter