"Car sickness" and the rides???

gate_pourri

<font color=teal>I am Crusty Gizzardsprinkles, ple
I tend to get 'car sick' easy, and want the opinion on which rides would be OK.

For reference -
I am OK on most 'roller coasters', as long as I didn't eat too recently and I take a break between them. As a kid I went on a roller coaster about 10 times in a row (no lines) and got SOOOOO sick after. Ugh!

With that said, I don't think I can do Space Mountain, as I am with it being dark I would get dizzy.

Questions -
Does Tower of Terror go down once, or go down and up and down again a few times? I would be OK once or maybe twice, but if it goes up and down more, I would need to skip it.

Crush's Coaster? I read elsewhere that it spins? Is that true?

What other rides 'spin'? Spinning is the worst for me!

Thanks!

For reference -
I am OK on most 'roller coasters', as long as I didn't eat too recently and I take a break between them. As a kid I went on a roller coaster about 10 times in a row (no lines) and got SOOOOO sick after. Ugh!

With that said, I don't think I can do Space Mountain, as I am with it being dark I would get dizzy.

Questions -
Does Tower of Terror go down once, or go down and up and down again a few times? I would be OK once or maybe twice, but if it goes up and down more, I would need to skip it.

Thanks!

TOT drops then goes back up and drops again. Cars in WDS spins loads as do the teacups. Buzz only spins if you make it.

Yes Crush coaster spins a lot in the dark and s can become very disorientating (or so Im told- Im not brave enough to try it)

And as already said Teacups and Cars spin.

Space Mountain Indiana Jones and Rock and Roller coaster go upside down

Dumbo, Orbitron and Flying carpets spin in that they go round and round (are like a carrosel in the air). Out of the 3 orbitron is quite fast and I dont like this at all (Id rather do Tower or terror) but you can see these as they are outside (as are teacups and cars) so you can decide before you get on

The rock and roller coaster (aerosmith) is also in the dark - so you may not like this.

I love all roller coasters but I absolutely hated Tower of Terror.

I can't think of any others that spin, as A Small World says, you will be able to see them before deciding.

Hi,
I can't do spinning rides either, I do go in the tea cups but none of my family never want to go with me as i'm "Boring" and don't spin the cup, I just let it do what it does.
Crush does spin quite a lot, on our last trip we had a car that was out of control it was soooo fast I had to get my balance when i got off :lmao:

The other ride that does make me feel a bit woozy :sick: is star tours as it is very jolty (if that's a word :rotfl:) and throws me around a bit (i find all simulator style rides a bit queezy)

I suffer quite badly from motion sickness and can't usually do anything that spins around (just watching the teacups makes me feel sick:rotfl:), but funny thing is that I can do the Cars ride...did it twice last time we went, without any sickness issues at all :cool1:

I don't do any type of roller coaster (it's a fear thing on them), but I can do the Tower of Terror (only once though...it's the fear that gets me rather than sickness though).

I was OK on Star Tours too :) One thing I often do is take my Sea-Bands motion sickness wrist bands with me and pop them on just before I go on any ride that I think might make me feel sick...they work brilliantly for sea-sickness and I do think they help with the rides (although I still wouldn't try the Tea Cups even with them on! :sick:)

hth
Luv Suzy

I suffer from awful motion sickness.

Whenever we go DLP I get motion sickness medication from my doctor, and as long as I take it in the morning I'm fine. The times I have forgotton...oh me oh my lol.

Can't speak for DLP as such, but based on sister attraction in WDW...

I get motion sickness on Dumbo & the carousel. The tea cups are a big no no. I can ride Star Tour & Aladdins Magic Carpets once but then need something still for the next ride!

Tower of Terror i'm absolute fine with and also rock 'n' roller coaster. I've decided with me it seems to be the tight spins that cause the sickness.

I also got given a tip a couple of years ago about balancing your blood sugars by eating a snack or light meal an hour before going on rides that seems to work quite well!

I think I might give crushes coaster a go when I go to DLP next week but might brave the queue wait towards the end of the day just in case :rotfl:

My DH gets badly travel sick. He cant go on Star-tours as any simulator rides make him really sick, he can manage rock & roller coaster as long as he only goes on it once, he went on Crush but didnt feel great when he came off it and he never goes on the teacups.

i think motion sickness is different person to person so things that some people find makes then ill will fine for others.

when DH wants to ride rock and roller coaster etc he takes travel sickness pills which seem to help.

i hope you have a great time

As an experienced ride chucker-upper, I would strongly avoid Star Tours. I can ride coasters, Crush makes me feel sick but not throw up, but Star Tours.....two minutes in there and i'm green, so much to the point that the ride was stopped once as I was being sick :rotfl2: On another occasion I TOOK my pills (I suffer from vertigo on a bad day) and held on until the doors opened, then in glorious technicolour and cheers from the kids with me, I chucked.

R'NR coaster can produce a slight headache from the banging (As does Space Mountain) but I can ride those. Tower of Terror is absolutely fine (well I am) but the teacups will make you sick IF you spin them too much. With pills I managed three goes on the trot with spinning!! Buzz is fine as you control the spinning too. SO I say take pills, but just go with what you are comfortable with. I am avoiding ST on my next trip but the kids are going on it, I shall take the chicken exit :)

I suffer from awful motion sickness.

Whenever we go DLP I get motion sickness medication from my doctor, and as long as I take it in the morning I'm fine. The times I have forgotton...oh me oh my lol.

I can't speak for the rides in Paris but my boyfriend can't ride anything spinny - but he takes Draminine (over the counter) and he's usually okay!

The first time you take it though, do it at the end of the day and then try a ride you might not usually try. That way if it doesn't work you're not missing out. But I have a lot of friends who use it and it works!

A friend who we went with suffers from motion sickness, was ok on Space Mountain but was very poorly on Star Tours, he says it was because you are inside, like a car, no air going past and no horizon to focus on

For reference -

Questions -

Thanks!

Stick with me On its A Small World you will be fine ! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Not been to DLRP for 6 years but going next couple months! Yay! :yay: rocknroller coaster in WDW makes me kinda ill. :sick: We buy Dramamine in US which is brill for motion sickness and they do a non drowsy. Failing that Kwells that you can buy in Boots are just as good

Enjoy. X

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter