Car Size?

tinksfriend

Earning My Ears
Could somebody advise me on which Car Size to rent?

We don't need to put any luggage in it, just 2 Adults, 3 children an ECV (in pieces!) and an umberella stroller.

We only need it for part of our trip and the furthest we are going is Busch Gardens.

I really don't want to waste money renting a car that's bigger than we need and I'm sure the Rental Companies will try to get us to 'go' bigger!!!

Any advise appreciated! :D

I have done a lot of car renting in the Orlando area, and I do use an ECV. As I have normally used National, so I am familiar with the Buick four door sedans.

The Century will hold an ECV in the trunck, but it is a fairly tight fit. I'm not sure if you could also fit an umbrella stroller. Possibly if the stroller could go on the floor in the back you could use this size car.

The LaSabre will hold the ECV with no problem; you should be able to put the stroller in also.

The Park Avenue has lots of room.

I have also tried a Dodge Intrepid; that is not only a tight fit, but the trunk lid/opening is not as large as in the Century.

I have a 1997 Ford Taurus; I drove it down on my last trip and found that I could not fit the complete disassembled ECV in the trunk easily but had to put the seat of the ECV in the back seat of the car.

Since Busch Gardens is about an hourt's drive away. I would suggest the Park Avenue for comfort, or at least the LaSabre.

Is a La Sabre considered a luxury or full sized? I am so dumb when it comes to cars!! LOL :o
We will need to rent a car for Mom's rental evc as well. What about in the back of a mini van?

A couple of years ago we had a party of six, four adults and two teen girls. Due to unforseen circumstances (a broken ankle) we had TWO ECVs. We could not find any rental car, even a Cadillac, that would handle the entire crew and both ECVs. An SUV or minivan with the back seat removed could handle both, but then the seating capacity would only be five. We were told the only workable solution would be renting a 15-passenger van with the rear seat removed. However, this would cost more than two cars. When we did not need both ECVs, such as going to other resorts for meals, we could all get in the one car comfortably (I had a Park Avenue). Otherwise (since I was the driver) the other person with the ECV, along with one or more members of her family, would take a bus and we would meet up at the park or wherever.

For the other part of your question, National considers the Century a full-size four dore sedan, the LaSabre is one step up (I think they call it "Premium") and the Park Avenue is another step up (I think they call that "Luxury"). Often when renting there has been a $5 per day surcharge for the LaSabre and a $10 per day surcharge (over full-size four-door) for the Park Avenue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter