Car trunks that fit a scooter?

TeresaWen

DIS Veteran
Anyone have a hybrid car that can fit a go go three wheel scooter in the trunk?

we are new Florida residents. We go to the parks frequently and having the scooter for my husband makes that possible. Would love to down size our vehicle but need to make sure the scooter can fit.

thanks!

Take it to some car dealers and try fitting it in the trunks? I mean, I know you can't fit two rollators in the trunk of a Fusion, but that's my only experience.

I have a Go-Go Elite Traveler that breaks down and fits in then trunk of my Toyota Camry. We haven't figured out how to take the basket off (I THINK it's supposed to come off) but even with the basket on, we're OK. It's not a hybrid car though.

It depends on the scooter model and if you are willing to out the back seats down.

Ford CMAX Energi can with the seats down for up to a Pride Victory 10.

Some other Hybrid options would be the Mitsubishi Outlander Hybrid (only hybrid with quick charging) or Chrysler Pacifica Minivan, though neither of those are likely to be down sizing from your current vehicle though), there is also the Hyundai Kona (also available as all electric), the Kia Niro (also available in all electric) or the Honda Clarity (also available all electric)

If you want to go all electric, the Nissan Leaf has at least enough room for a Gogo Sport or smaller and then there is the upcoming Ford Mustang SUV all electric with over a 300 mile range per charge.l and of course the Teslas will all have more than enough room.

Personally, I prefer all electric, especially now that they are getting decent ranges, it is nice to be able to get up in the morning and always have a "full tank" sonto speak, never having to worry about going to the gas station and if you have solar, then you essentially can drive for free and if you do need to go a longer distance, there are plenty of public charging stations, just make sure whatever all electric you get has quick charging.

But no matter what, I wouldnt do anything that isn't at least a plug-in hybrid.

No matter what you go with though, I would strongly suggest taking the scooter with you when you go to test drive and try putting it in the car.

I can fit two 3 wheeled go go scooters in my Toyota Prius with both back seats down. Actually I can do it with only one seat down but it takes a little more work. One scooter easily fits in the back with both seats up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter