Car type for mobility scooter transportation

helenm29

FIGMENTED
Hi, could some one tell me what type of car they use for the 3 wheel Gold Mobility scooter? I can't rent a mini van or SUV so I have to find a car big enough. There will just be my husband and I but the biggest part is about 50 pounds so we can do it. HELP!

If you mean a portable rental ECV, I rented one from a different company and had no problem putting it in the back of the Honda minivan. I'd guess the Gold Mobility one is the same size.

If you mean a portable rental ECV, I rented one from a different company and had no problem putting it in the back of the Honda minivan. I'd guess the Gold Mobility one is the same size.
Thank you! unfortunately, a mini van is not in our budget so we were hoping to find a full size or mid size car type

Thank you! unfortunately, a mini van is not in our budget so we were hoping to find a full size or mid size car type
Ugh I'm so sorry - I completely mis-read your post and thought it said "I can" rather than "I can't"! :upsidedow It was a few years ago now but it seems to me that it would have fit into a full size car trunk. You'd also have the use of the back seat for some pieces if needed. I'm sure someone else will chime in - but I'd also recommend asking Gold since I bet they get this question a lot!

Ugh I'm so sorry - I completely mis-read your post and thought it said "I can" rather than "I can't"! :upsidedow It was a few years ago now but it seems to me that it would have fit into a full size car trunk. You'd also have the use of the back seat for some pieces if needed. I'm sure someone else will chime in - but I'd also recommend asking Gold since I bet they get this question a lot!
No problem hon! I hope some one comes up with something....at this stage we are just thinking a full size vehicle will work but other users thoughts would help. You are so sweet for getting back to me!

No problem hon! I hope some one comes up with something....at this stage we are just thinking a full size vehicle will work but other users thoughts would help. You are so sweet for getting back to me!
not sure how the one you are renting breaks down but one I work with, and it is only small her, but she puts all the pieces of hers in the trunk of her small car by herself. I would talk with your rental company and see what they say

If the small one, virtually any car should do, although for some smaller cars you may have to put some of it in the back seat.

You can also call Gold Mobility and they will gladly help you figure out which cars will work.

If it’s the GoGo Elite Traveller 3-Wheeler - we’ve broken it down and put it in a small Toyota Prius...or you can rent any small SUV or hatchback and load it without breaking it down (except remove the battery of course due to weight) quite easily...

I have put EVCs broken down into Hyundai Sonatas, VW Jettas, Chevy Malibus. I think everything else were SUVs or Minivans.

My mom has put her gogo sport (the small model Gold rents) in her Prius C without taking it apart, just remove the battery and seat. But she doesn't have the accessories Gold adds, not sure if that would make a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter