Carbibben Beach or Pop Century

tkouri

Earning My Ears
Hi

Deciding whether if worth it to spend $800 more to stay at Caribbean Beach (preferred room) over Pop Century (preferred room). Son will be 7 at time of visit.

thank you

Worth is very subjective so hard to answer. But here is what you will get at CBR over Pop.

Larger rooms
Queen Beds
Double Sinks
Hot tubs
Pool slides
Multiple covered bus stops
Lusher grounds
Sit down restaurant
Bike rental
More laid back relaxed atmosphere

So now it's up to you to decide if the above amenities are worth the extra $$. It is to us because we have 1-2 resort days during our trips.

I wouldn't even consider it--$800 covers a lot of things. That would have covered our flights last trip. It would cover a longer trip. It is more money to spend on dining or souvenirs or tour experiences....To me, there are so many better ways to spend money than on a room to sleep, shower, and store our stuff.

For $800, heck no!

You can spend that money on something else, souvenirs, food, clothing, heck just save it, it's not worth it, IMO.

Having stayed at both, there are advantages to both, but especially with a smaller kid, Pop is going to be a better bet. CBR is pretty yes, you have hot tubs yes, but it's a long walk to the food court, and the busses take longer because they have to circle around the entire resort before leaving/picking you up. Also super annoying when you're tired after a long day. I find the food court to not be as good, and it also is not open as late.

Pop has large fun, colourful decorations to take pictures with/play around, you still get 3 pools to play in, the food court has tons of choices, is open til midnight (late enough to hit up after a day in the parks) And with Pop you have the added bonus of being able to walk across the bridge and explore AoA, eat at their food court and such. The busses can be a bit of a pain coming back from MK at a peak time, but if there's no line at the AoA stop, hop on their bus and you're home in half the time!

ETA: Just for a tidbit more, I paid the extra to stay at CBR (for a second time) back in April and was super sad I'd "wasted" the money on a nicer hotel that just wasn't worth it IMO, and I spent a fair enough amount of time at the resort

If there are less than 4 in the room and one a child, I would say no. Your son would most likely enjoy the theming at the value over CBR. The central pool at CBR is awesome and you get the larger beds. Those are the biggest differences. For $800, I would stay value and use the $$ for other things to enhance our vacation.

Worth is very subjective so hard to answer. But here is what you will get at CBR over Pop.

Larger rooms
Queen Beds
Double Sinks
Hot tubs
Pool slides
Multiple covered bus stops
Lusher grounds
Sit down restaurant
Bike rental
More laid back relaxed atmosphere

So now it's up to you to decide if the above amenities are worth the extra $$. It is to us because we have 1-2 resort days during our trips.

:thumbsup2

I will say that we have not stayed at any of the values, but we loved everything about CBR. Our boys were 7 & 9 during our CBR stay and they loved the pool as it has a fun pirate theme (as well as a slide, which you don't get at any of the value pools). For us, the extra cost would be more than worth it, but as the above posted said, you are the only one who can decide if the extra amenities are worth an extra $800 to you. Good luck.

$800?? :eek: That is a big price jump from Pop to CBR... Most of the time we can upgrade from value to moderate for $300 - $400.

Hi

Deciding whether if worth it to spend $800 more to stay at Caribbean Beach (preferred room) over Pop Century (preferred room). Son will be 7 at time of visit.

thank you

.....save the 800.00 bucks and stay at POP, I love CBR but 800.00 bucks is 800.00 bucks. I just stayed at POP with two grandkids, 7 and 2 , they loved it!!!!its a great hotel for kids!!!take some of that 800.00 and book a special character meal to two!!!!

Another vote for pop. CBR is nice just not worth the extra 800. I've stayed at both and probably will only stay at pop again.

Yet another vote for POP. I love it there! Plus it's $800 cheaper. I think you'll enjoy that $800 in so many other ways. :thumbsup2

Same dilemma here. We have stayed both (CBR pirate room--much too far to main pool with my kids--and a Pop std view); my DSs are overwhelming voting for Pop. They are 8&5. Rooms are much smaller at Pop vs CBR, but I am leaning towards saving $$ (for us about $250 because I upgraded from free QSDP to DDP, which is almost the cost of MVMCP tickets for my family). CBR is much more spread out than Pop but CBR pools are much better than Pop. We had better luck with busses at Pop than CBR. Also, the kids loved going over to the playground at AoA from Pop. Right now both resorts have full beds except for some of the renovated CBR rooms. I think we will stay Pop this time and after CBR has all queen beds and in summer we will try CBR again.

We had the same problem choosing for our coming November stay. We chose Pop. Our friends rave about it. My main concern was how big and spread out the resort is and also the bus system at CBR. But as PP stated, if you are spending time at the resort the amenities may be worth it to you.

With a younger child I think they would enjoy POP more. And the price difference is outrageous. POP's bus service is great:thumbsup2

Same dilemma here. We have stayed both (CBR pirate room--much too far to main pool with my kids--and a Pop std view); my DSs are overwhelming voting for Pop. They are 8&5. Rooms are much smaller at Pop vs CBR, but I am leaning towards saving $$ (for us about $250 because I upgraded from free QSDP to DDP, which is almost the cost of MVMCP tickets for my family). CBR is much more spread out than Pop but CBR pools are much better than Pop. We had better luck with busses at Pop than CBR. Also, the kids loved going over to the playground at AoA from Pop. Right now both resorts have full beds except for some of the renovated CBR rooms. I think we will stay Pop this time and after CBR has all queen beds and in summer we will try CBR again.

If you're going during free dining, CBR comes with the regular dining while Pop comes with the quick service. So CBR might cost only a little more if you factor in the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter