Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
That stinks about the cheerleaders! We arrive on the 26th-I wonder if there are any groups then? Staying in a pirate room....

That stinks about the cheerleaders! We arrive on the 26th-I wonder if there are any groups then? Staying in a pirate room....

How about this, it's my first post! Though I've read every single post in the thread over the last two weeks- very informative stuff!

We are also arriving on the 26th, and also in a pirate room. Nifty! We'll be the weirdos, I'm sure. So if you see a family of 4 weirdos, that's us.

Here's to hoping the temp rebounds, the pools are warm, the pizza flyers are kept to a minimum, there aren't any surprise refurbs, the pirate beds are simply awesome after a day in the parks, the walk to Trinadad South is a gorgeous breath of fresh air, the beach playgrounds miraculously reappear, no snakes enter our rooms, fireworks viewings abound right from the resort, all the nemo people have queen sized beds already, and that we don't have rain or cheerleaders (or pop warner for that matter). Did I cover most of the last 2502 posts? I hope so!

I am thoroughly pumped and determined to enjoy this trip. Hope you do, too!

The pictures are wonderful- thanks to all that posted them!

Arrrrghhhh! (that's a lame attempt to sound piratey) :)

Arrived at CBR today. We were put in Jamaica 41. We requested 44 or 45 but apparently these buildings were full of cheerleaders, as was most of Aruba. We asked to be moved away from the chanting cheerleaders. They put is in Martinique 21. As I type, hoards of cheerleaders are screaming beneath our windows. They are everywhere in the resort. I wish they would have told us this when we booked. Hope they are not staying all week.:headache: As a side note, it is freezing here. Tomorrow the high is only going to be 52! The temperature is supposed to rebound by Tuesday. We haven't checked out the resort yet. We went straight to HS after checking in.

Hopefully, the cheerleaders won't be there for your entire stay.

Can you see the EPCOT fireworks from the resort?

You can see the higher Epcot fireworks from many places in the resort. Our favorite places to watch them is sitting at one of the tables outside Old Port Royale or from the Martinique beach.

How about this, it's my first post! Though I've read every single post in the thread over the last two weeks- very informative stuff!

We are also arriving on the 26th, and also in a pirate room. Nifty! We'll be the weirdos, I'm sure. So if you see a family of 4 weirdos, that's us.

Here's to hoping the temp rebounds, the pools are warm, the pizza flyers are kept to a minimum, there aren't any surprise refurbs, the pirate beds are simply awesome after a day in the parks, the walk to Trinadad South is a gorgeous breath of fresh air, the beach playgrounds miraculously reappear, no snakes enter our rooms, fireworks viewings abound right from the resort, all the nemo people have queen sized beds already, and that we don't have rain or cheerleaders (or pop warner for that matter). Did I cover most of the last 2502 posts? I hope so!

I am thoroughly pumped and determined to enjoy this trip. Hope you do, too!

The pictures are wonderful- thanks to all that posted them!

Arrrrghhhh! (that's a lame attempt to sound piratey) :)

Welcome to the Disboards! It sounds like you're going into this vacation with a great attitude. I hope that you have a magical vacation and stay at the CBR.

Arrived at CBR today. We were put in Jamaica 41. We requested 44 or 45 but apparently these buildings were full of cheerleaders, as was most of Aruba. We asked to be moved away from the chanting cheerleaders. They put is in Martinique 21. As I type, hoards of cheerleaders are screaming beneath our windows. They are everywhere in the resort. I wish they would have told us this when we booked. Hope they are not staying all week.:headache: As a side note, it is freezing here. Tomorrow the high is only going to be 52! The temperature is supposed to rebound by Tuesday. We haven't checked out the resort yet. We went straight to HS after checking in.

Can you change resorts?

I feel for you!!! :hug:
I had to deal with the "dancers" last weekend! .... most were at the values which is why I had to upgrade from value to moderate when I changed my dates. And at CBR they put most of them in Aruba.
The good thing was they upgraded me to preferred Martinique building 25. Literally 2 minutes to Old Port Royal....
However..... everytime I tried to get anything at the food court .... the place was overrun with the dancers!!!!
It was horrible! They were typical thoughtless, loud teenagers!
At least they weren't "cheering" the entire time!

Oh.. and I could also hear them screaming and going crazy from across the lake in the evening!!!:scared1: They must have been having a pool party.

Hope you can still have a good visit!!!

Someone posted some detailed pictures of what was available at the Grab n Go Market and now I can't find them. If anyone would know where they are without going through too much trouble, can you provide a link?

I am also curious to know about what kind of food is being offered at the food court.

My husband is concerned. He is trying to lose weight and worried about the food on the trip. If there were some lean choices, this would make him feel better. He would honestly be happy with a piece of chicken...sans skin and bones. haha!

Someone posted some detailed pictures of what was available at the Grab n Go Market and now I can't find them. If anyone would know where they are without going through too much trouble, can you provide a link?

I am also curious to know about what kind of food is being offered at the food court.

My husband is concerned. He is trying to lose weight and worried about the food on the trip. If there were some lean choices, this would make him feel better. He would honestly be happy with a piece of chicken...sans skin and bones. haha!

I am not sure if it was my pictures that you were referring to but here are some I took:

100_2076-1.jpg

100_2077-1.jpg

100_2079-1.jpg

100_2080-1.jpg

100_2078.jpg

100_2082.jpg

There were also some pre-made sandwiches, salads, boiled eggs and veggies with dip in the grab n go section.

I believe there were grilled chicken sandwiches in one of the sections. I know there were turkey sandwiches. My mother's favorite items were the soups offered in the pizza and pasta station.

Thank you!!! I am glad to know there are fresh veggies and fruit. That helps. I am going to let him know. Hard boiled eggs are good protien too. The fridge in the room helps too. We are going to bring a few things as well. At least while we are at the resort he will have some healthy options.

Thanks again!

Thank you!!! I am glad to know there are fresh veggies and fruit. That helps. I am going to let him know. Hard boiled eggs are good protien too. The fridge in the room helps too. We are going to bring a few things as well. At least while we are at the resort he will have some healthy options.

Thanks again!

You are welcome! Have a great trip!

O.M.G. Those pictures are the definition of dream vacation! I wanna be there right now...:thumbsup2

If you're on the Dining Plan, alot of counter service restaurants have yogurt for dessert. Sometimes they will let you get the kid's apple slices or grapes. This would be instead of the chocolate cake.

Over the past few days I have read the entire thread and learned so much! Thanks to everyone for all the reviews etc...:love:

I do have one question that I have not seen answered. I understand that after check in you can get bell services to take you to your room with a van, but...I am having an ECV delivered to the resort. Would I be using the internal buses? And if so, is it difficult to find where my room would be? I am booked in a preferred room so it could only be a couple buildings right? I have this horrible fear of getting there and then getting horribly lost right away :rotfl:

Over the past few days I have read the entire thread and learned so much! Thanks to everyone for all the reviews etc...:love:

I do have one question that I have not seen answered. I understand that after check in you can get bell services to take you to your room with a van, but...I am having an ECV delivered to the resort. Would I be using the internal buses? And if so, is it difficult to find where my room would be? I am booked in a preferred room so it could only be a couple buildings right? I have this horrible fear of getting there and then getting horribly lost right away :rotfl:

The Custom House check-in is separate from the rest of the resort. Which makes it just a little difficult to understand when arriving and leaving. They will give you a map when you check-in. You can have bell services take you by van to your designated area of the resort. But everytime I have checked in we just used the internal bus. It's just another Disney bus which does have the lift for ECVs. This would be the better option for you, if you already have the ECV available when you check-in. They stop at every "island" of the resort, including Old Port Royale, then back again to the Custom House, so it won't be difficult for you to miss your stop. More than likely the next time you have to even go to the Custom House is when you are checking-out. Again, just take the internal bus. It's all easier to understand when you are actually there. Hope this helps a bit. Have a good trip! :goodvibes

I am staying at CBR for the first time in May. I will be renting a car. When I check in, do I park in a lot near the entrance? Or do you drive up to the lobby to check in? I know I'll have to drive to my room so I have no desire to empty out my car and have them deliver the bags. I'll just do that myself when I drive to where my room is. I'm just not familiar with driving to a resort where you don't park in one spot near the lobby. Thanks for any help you can give me!

I am staying at CBR for the first time in May. I will be renting a car. When I check in, do I park in a lot near the entrance? Or do you drive up to the lobby to check in? I know I'll have to drive to my room so I have no desire to empty out my car and have them deliver the bags. I'll just do that myself when I drive to where my room is. I'm just not familiar with driving to a resort where you don't park in one spot near the lobby. Thanks for any help you can give me!

When you drive to the resort, you'll enter and then stop at the Guard Station. They will check to make sure you are on the list and then direct you to the Custom House. It's just down from the Guard Station on the left. There's a large parking lot at the Custom House. Once you've checked in, the castmember will give you a resort map and direct you to your building. There is parking in each of the resort villages.

You will be able to park right outside the Custom House, check-in then drive to your "village". Each village has 2 circular drives that service 3 buildings each. It may be easier to use them to unload and carry your stuff to you room. Then once you're unloaded, actually park your car. Depending on how full the parking lot is, using the drive to unload may not save you many steps. Check out the map to see what I'm talking about.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm

When you drive to the resort, you'll enter and then stop at the Guard Station. They will check to make sure you are on the list and then direct you to the Custom House. It's just down from the Guard Station on the left. There's a large parking lot at the Custom House. Once you've checked in, the castmember will give you a resort map and direct you to your building. There is parking in each of the resort villages.

You will be able to park right outside the Custom House, check-in then drive to your "village". Each village has 2 circular drives that service 3 buildings each. It may be easier to use them to unload and carry your stuff to you room. Then once you're unloaded, actually park your car. Depending on how full the parking lot is, using the drive to unload may not save you many steps. Check out the map to see what I'm talking about.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm

Thank you both!

That map really helps! I didn't realize the check in spot was not really attached to the resort. I am planning on getting some water and just a few groceries (fruit and yogurt) and that might be the only thing that requires an extra trip to the car. I'll have to see how I'm feeling and where my room is at to determine if I want help. When I travel alone (which is very often for work), I can not stand having people help me. I don't want to be a damsel in distress or an easy target if you know what I mean. But when it is at Disney, it is different and all good :thumbsup2 I get to be a princess at Disney :laughing:

Thank you both!
You're welcome.

That map really helps! I didn't realize the check in spot was not really attached to the resort.

I really like the fact that the Custom House is separate from OPR. When a Magical Express bus pulls up, the check-in can get very busy. It is so nice that the crowds checking in and out do not affect how busy/crowded/loud OPR gets.

when we stayed at carribean beach in 2010 we were transported to our room by van and bell services brought my ecv to my room for me. while at custom house, just be sure to stop by bell services before check in for your room, give them your name, and tell them you have an ecv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter